Eastern express md87

feoffee2

3 hours ago, Graeme H said:

It could possibly be another Mikro Mir collaboration like the MD11, the fact that CAD/CAM details exist seem to suggest that, one can only hope

Let's hope. We need a nice md 87 kit and it can lead to a full range of md 80s

• 1 month later...

Thank you!!

Hopefully the fact that there is a separate sprue for MD-87 parts suggests/ hints/ indicates that other versions of the MDD T-tail are coming. And I read somewhere that the earlier DC-9 is being released by EE (and MikroMir?) too.

Keep the 1/144 airliners coming please.

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

Why should they bring out the DC9 with the Fly kits readily available and wich is pretty good quality and pricewise!!

The MD80 series is understandable if they keep the price under or around 25 euro because those Minicraft kits are way too expensive.

That MD87 looks pretty good though..

On 23/4/2017 at 1:35 AM, janneman36 said:

Why should they bring out the DC9 with the Fly kits readily available and wich is pretty good quality and pricewise!!

It depends on your need for accuracy: the Fly kit is a badly conceived "reverse development" from the Minicraft MD80 to the DC-9. It has many subtle mistakes which make it less desirable than the venerable Airfix kit if you really want an accurate replica. Surely it's much more buildable if that is the main attraction point for a modeller.

Just my opinions based on kit and images comparisons, plus many similar posts you can find googling around.

5 hours ago, Whirly said:

It depends on your need for accuracy: the Fly kit is a badly conceived "reverse development" from the Minicraft MD80 to the DC-9. It has many subtle mistakes which make it less desirable than the venerable Airfix kit if you really want an accurate replica. Surely it's much more buildable if that is the main attraction point for a modeller.

Just my opinions based on kit and images comparisons, plus many similar posts you can find googling around.

Well that must be subtle then with that Fly kit.

In all respect i have build the Airfix DC9 and it doesn't have the double bubble and it has a very bad cockpit section.

It doesn't even come close to a nine in my humble opinion except for the tail and wings.

I had put a ton of work in it to even look like DC9 and now it does..but it costed me a **** of a lot of putty to shape it up.

Still i have to do the Fly one so i can make a comparison, and if i really go crazy i will do the Mikro as well....

At least we have something to choose.

Jan

21 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Well that must be subtle then with that Fly kit.

In all respect i have build the Airfix DC9 and it doesn't have the double bubble and it has a very bad cockpit section.

Hi Jan,

no need to be so repectful  ;)

You are right on both terms: I built the Airfix kit some years ago (a shortened DC-9-15) and I remember it requiring much work on the lobe crease, engines and nose, besides the conversion job.

The problems of the Fly kit are not so evident, it seems instead a very good kit at first sight, but all summed up make for a missed opportunity: it's a matter of personal taste, probably because I hate when mistakes are made for lack of knowledge on the subject. If you are interested I can give you more info in PM without adding more drift to this thread.

Fabio

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Turbofan said:

It's out on eBay. 3 different boxings SAS Star Alliance, Midway and Austrian.

Cheers,

Ian

It is a pity that you get laserprinted decals with this kit for that 33,00 euro...or am i nitpicking..spoiled perhaps or getting old:tired:

The best quality is still properly printed silkscreen i think, though there are very nice alternatives so lets give it a chance and let me see that first build overhere..B)

9 hours ago, janneman36 said:

It is a pity that you get laserprinted decals with this kit for that 33,00 euro...or am i nitpicking..spoiled perhaps or getting old:tired:

The best quality is still properly printed silkscreen i think, though there are very nice alternatives so lets give it a chance and let me see that first build overhere..B)

Well, you could buy a very expensive resin model and get no decals at all.

Perhaps the company think the majority of modellers won't use the choices in the box and instead prefer to go aftermarket. 

It won't stop me buying a few (or more) when they're available. I hope EE/ MikroMir follow up with an MD-83 and MD-90. (And a 757...)

Jeff 

• Like 1