There goes another

Truro Model Builder

Meteor T.7 WA291 heading stateside.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=world heritage air museum

By the time the CAA decide how they want airshows to be run there won't be any airworthy classic jets left in the UK.

Edited by T7 Models

I was never that fond of Meteors (saw the vintage pair at North Weald back in the day) until on Hoilday in Porthcothan, Cornwall a few years ago.  Talking to the farmer at the gate of her farmhouse we were renting, a beautiful sunny clear blue sky and WA291 whistled over at just a few hundred feet, turning on the house (its quite prominent) or somewhere very near us .  The silver and yellow colour scheme just looked fantastic against a deep blue Cornish sky.

A couple of years later the VC10 passed over the house on its final run into the CAF museum.  I tried to interest the girls "you'll never see a VC10 in flight again" but failed...

Cheers

Will

i hope they let the hunters fly again otherwise within a few years there won't be any classic jets left! didn't Hunter XL573 go off to the US or Canada last year as well? and WK163 probably won't be flying for a while since they are building a visitor centre or something instead of restoring Wk163 so i imagine the 2018 airshow scene will be very sparse... 

It would be interesting to know what happened to the T7's bookings after Shoreham. All this should have been well and truly dealt with after Don Bullocks infamous "accident " at Biggin Hill years ago,. Unfortunately I see jet operators getting a bad deal for bookings for the forseable future, I  hope that I am wrong.  

It was a bit of a blow to lose F8 "Winston " to Australia some years ago and now yet again we are down to just one Meatbox, G-LOSM NF 11.

Keith,  very disappointed!