no search results

Hi there:

No matter what I do - I just do not get any results doing a search for 'OV-10A'.  I can see 'OV-10A' when I look up other things like 'TASS' then I can see 'OV-10A' within the postings.  Ideas?  Thoughts?  When I look up 'Bronco' I see 1,200+ files but no joy on just 'OV-10a'.......

Patrick Martin

3 hours ago, bootneck said:

Try extending your search criteria, such as North American Rockwell OV-10

Mike

Then I get 1,000+ post including RA-5C etc.  If I search for Spitfire I get thousands, but nothing for OV-10A - is this a system error?

PM

This has been covered before, and it's an issue with MySQL (the database driver) that prevents meaningful results when using short sets of characters such as "OV-10" or "B-29".  The quickest way round that is to think of something unique to the topic you're looking for - for example, if it relates to the Paragon Designs wingset, you could use that.  Otherwise, use Google's search engine to search the site.  Punching this into a standard search on Google should give you some reasonable results:

"ov-10" site:britmodeller.com

If you're searching for anything else, just replace the search terms and keep the site: bit :)  We're looking for ways to make searching for short phrases easier, but we're somewhat hemmed in by the functionality of our database.  there was a Plug-In that added a Google search tab to the forum, but the guy that did that seems to have dropped off the radar and it no-longer works with the newest version of the software.  Something is bound to pop up eventually though, but in the meantime there's the workaround above :)