ITALERI 1/32 F-35

DenPhill

Just wondering whether anyone has bought the new 1/32 F-35 and what they think. I'm very interested in the F-35 especially at this scale, but even with the extras seems a lot of money; or maybe its worth it.

I do not have it, I am more into 1/48....

but it does seem interesting!

don't know what turns out to be more economic to you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Italeri-1-32-Lockheed-Martin-F-35-A-Lightning-II-2506-/332150267601?hash=item4d55b2ded1:g:-CUAAOSw4CFYwnSY

http://shop.italeri.com/Products/21854-2506-lockheed-f-35a-lighting-ii.aspx

but it does come with some masks for the complicated task of painting the RAM parts, and some PE!

so seems ~fair to me!

• Like 1

Thanks for that and the links.Have just seen some shots of parts on facebook,but the photos aren't brilliant. lots of discussions on the kit already in other forums with the rivet counters pointing out some proportional issues. And six decals version but no British option? Will wait to see if someone does a full review of the kit before parting with the readies. Although the prices are coming down already.

Thanks

Greg

13 minutes ago, DenPhill said:

And six decals version but no British option? 

Thanks

Greg

The UK aren't buying the A version - we're getting the B with the VSTOL capability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DenPhill said:

And six decals version but no British option?

hope you are not too concerned about rivet detail and small proportional issues then........ :(

Edited by exdraken

13 minutes ago, DenPhill said:

No; I live by the rule if it looks right it is right.

Thanks Greg

What about the major issue of it looking downright ugly. That and the F-22 just shouldn't have been spawned. 

• Like 1

HA! Yes I can see what you mean from some angles, I'm a big fan of the A-10 a beautiful beast and that causes a few pulled faces. I my go for a Israel three tone camo just to give the ugly wedge some colour and interest, we shall see.

Greg

Thanks for that Scott, first glance looks good but not too sure about the coloured canopy. Will read and take in the comments.

Thanks again.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

First impressions of the new Italeri F-35A in 1/32 scale can be seen at my webpages here:

https://designer.hom...32/f35-32-1.htm

I also checked with photos the shapes and looks of the kit and I am impressed. So nothing to stop building this model!

(The UK version F-35B with SVTOL would require a new lower and upper fuselage part behind canopy on this Italeri 1/32 kit with some new parts for the rear such as "tilted" engine exhaust)

Enjoy Modelling!

Meindert

Edited by meindert

Hi

Just got the kit yesterday and I'm glad that the main body parts are very sturdy and complete mouldings that presents themselves well rather that the rather flimsy bodyparts of the Mirage!

The aircraft will probably get less painful to look at overtime!

Regards

Flemming