Bf109 with inward-retracting undercarriage

Work In Progress

While looking unsuccessfully for 109H pics just now I stumbled across this. Never seen a 109 with this totally revised wing structure before - wide-track gear hinged from, and supported by, the wing itself rather than being connected directly to the fuselage as on the normal 109. Any ideas what it is?

109v1.jpg

Some comments elsewhere suggest this airframe may have a non-retracting UC, and be a test bed for the non-standard radiator seen under the fuselage, which I imagine occupies space which the standard undercarriage mechanism would take up.

Edited by Work In Progress

The Me209 fighter was intended to have (and eventually did have) an inward retracting undercarriage.  This kind of radiator was seen on the Me309, also with an inward retracting undercarriage (but a nosewheel).  The Me209 fighter, as built, had the later annular radiator on the nose.  I suggest that this was a Messerschmitt test mule, being used to test different ideas.

That configuration would have been suitable for the Tragerjaeger if the Graf Zeppelin carrier had been completed.  Much better for deck landings than the standard 109 undercarriage.  An interesting 'What if'.