1/48 PZL Mi-2 Polish Border Guard

Hi BM'ers.  Just completed this for a GB over on ARC but I though some on here might like to see it as well.  It is the Aeroplast 1/48 Pzl Mi-2 done in the markings of the Polish Border Guard.  Scratch-built the FLIR and searchlight and added various enhancements.

Hope you like it,

SAM_1477_zpshhyptj95.jpg

SAM_1476_zpsd0hi2tys.jpg

SAM_1478_zpsejdv6ay8.jpg

SAM_1479_zpsylcyalsk.jpg

SAM_1483_zpsy2kkfnxy.jpg

SAM_1488_zpscdoo8mm8.jpg

SAM_1489_zpsgasdwoqh.jpg

SAM_1490_zpsocl9hfh1.jpg

SAM_1493_zpsrf78cqjq.jpg

SAM_1495_zpsyiuxk82k.jpg

SAM_1497_zpsvqonc3ri.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Andrew P.

Edited by Andrew Perren
spelling
  • Like 47

Thanks guys.  As far as my thoughts on the kit go - some parts are brilliantly done but others not so much. I'm a big fan of moulding larger areas in clear so all you have to do is mask off windows, but there are some parts that are really quite small and the instructions being a series of pictogram like drawings leave you on your own at times.  Still it is an interesting subject and I enjoyed the build. 

Cheers guys for the positive feedback.  Why did I choose a Polish aircraft ? I just have a liking for the markings and I think this scheme really suits the Mi-2. It sure stands out in the cabinet amongst the green and grey ones!

• 6 years later...

That's a fantastic job, well done. I like the finish. I'm building the Hobbyboss 1/72 Mi2 right now. I love researching the aircraft I'm building, and this one is fascinating. Not too many 1960s craft still in service like this. It's also an amazing aerobatic aircraft. 

• Like 1