1/72 Amodel Tu-134, Kazakhstan Ministry of Emergency Situations

Just finished my Amodel 1/72 Tu-134A as an aircraft of Kazaviaspas, the air operation of the Kazakhstan Ministry of Emergency Situations. The choice of colour scheme might sound a bit odd - I wanted to build it as an aircraft that's currently (or at least recently) in service, which narrows it down, and a colour scheme where I could print the decals myself, so after some googling I hit on this one.

It was an enjoyable build - not straightforward, challenging enough to make it interesting but never frustrating. I used the Neomega engine details and Armory wheels, and KV masks, so pretty much all the aftermarket that's available for this kit. Decals were home made - my first attempt at decal printing, and pretty pleased with how they came out.

WIP thread is here

On to the photos (apologies for the state of the table top, really should have cleaned it!):

1/72 Tu-134

1/72 Tu-134

1/72 Tu-134

1/72 Tu-134

1/72 Tu-134

• Like 46

Very nice looking Tu - flawless looking and inspiring. Especially the cockpit transparencies look spot-on. The finish too. For me the Tu-134 is the most beautiful jetliner ever built. Your pics just brought this kit a few notches higher up on my wish list for sure. 

Jay

• Like 1

Wonderful build and the decals look very nice as well.

A nice tribute to this soviet classic.

I recently received my TU-134 kit ( in LOT scheme) and hope to get it started soon.

• Like 1

Beautiful model, well done! I find it faintly ironic that the wonderfully titled "Ministry of Emergency Situations" uses the Tu-134, which has in its time generated several such situations...

Richard in NZ

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Beautiful job!

I love Amodel subjects; although, knowing they're not as straightforward as many other kits (the Tamiyas, Hasegawas, etc.), I find your work most praiseworthy.

👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1