Early phantom film.

stevej60

Yes, I liked that. They should bring back British Pathe, however bad the news is the music and voice over make it feel like you're living in a John Mills movie.

• Like 1

Great days, great aeroplanes, great services and great videos.

I hate to admit it, but they were still showing Pathe News and Pearl and Dean adverts when I was last at the cinema!!!!

• Like 3

It's great to see those Phantoms on HMS Eagle, although only the test aircraft as these sadly never got deployed on Eagle for operational tours.  The close-up colour shots, on the third film, are very good and clear and I'll save them for future builds.

Mike

• Like 1

On 3/11/2017 at 1:06 PM, cngaero said:

Great days, great aeroplanes, great services and great videos.

I hate to admit it, but they were still showing Pathe News and Pearl and Dean adverts when I was last at the cinema!!!!

Pearl and Dean are still regulars at my cinema.

I am a big fan of the RAF Buccaneer film.

• Like 4

Indeed. I believe Buccaneer pilots and navs were often scathing of what other aircrew considered to be low flying, and figured that if there was space beneath for another aircraft they were too high. At Red Flag pilots of 'enemy' aircraft soon learned to watch for the Buccaneer's shadow against the ground it was flying over rather than the aircraft itself.

• Like 1