1/700 USS Triton SSRN first submerged circumnavigation **FINISHED**

So heres my first entry OKB 1/700 USS Triton SSRN the first submarine to circumnavigate the world submerged, also the only western submarine to date with twin nuclear reactors.

The plan is to build her complete with flag flying and crew on deck as she was when she completed this record breaking voyage.

DSC_3293_zpsyutoknwn.jpgDSC_3292_zpsqhhd51vb.jpg

All the best Chris

• Like 5

This is pretty awesome subject Chis :thumbsup2: . I have absolutely no idea what 1/700 human beings look like, I think I would need a microscope to even begin to look at them, let alone place them on a model sub deck. 
I'm looking forward to seeing how this is done, it will be a learning experience. Welcome on board :)!
Best regards
TonyT

• Like 1

Small update parts cleaned up, front dive planes in place, the prop shafts assembled (4 pieces a side) and glued in place, which at this scale is a challenge.

Thanks for the welcome Tony, good to see you back on form.

DSC_3310_zpsgo7yruan.jpg

DSC_3311_zpsagw6w2ym.jpg

DSC_3312_zpsa6bzmpto.jpg

DSC_3313_zpsuhrbhacp.jpg

DSC_3314_zpsggco5g3z.jpg

All the best Chris

• Like 1

On 18/03/2017 at 6:49 PM, whitestar12chris said:

Thanks for the welcome Tony, good to see you back on form.

Thanks Chris :).

Great to see it coming together. It is such intricate work!!

Do you use some kind of magnifier so that you can see the pieces?

TonyT

• Like 1

Update, she is nearly finished, just leaving a little touch up and mounting of flag along with painting the base to complete.

Assembled and undercoat

DSC_3322_zps4rcemaj4.jpg

Eduard 1/700 navy figures

DSC_3324_zps8lybotjz.jpg

Painted humbrol Ocean Grey and matt black with figures super glued to deck, Flag on fuse wire periscope.

DSC_3325_zpskgfc7kqq.jpg

Aft shot, props painted with Humbrol Brass, The line between the black and the grey was initially masked, with all the curves involved wasnt totally successful, so ended up cutting in with hairystick in a number of attempts to get this.

DSC_3326_zpspgjnqzbe.jpg

All the best Chris

• Like 2

• whitestar12chris changed the title to 1/700 USS Triton SSRN first submerged circumnavigation **FINISHED**

Looks good and great to have the figures for scale. I do think 1700 figures are too small for me to handle so well done.

Colin

• Like 1

Looks fantastic Chris :thumbsup2: 

You can give yourself a pat on the back; a submarine first in the gallery for the GB :thumbsup: .

The painting looks great, really cleanly built.

That's shown the wings and wheels people a thing or two!

The figures are just unbelievable. Incredibly tiny yet still recognisable as figures and clearly animated.

I read about the vessel. It looks like they had to wait a few decades, until technology had developed, until they really knew how to break up the hull safely (radioactivity).

Such an expensive vessel too.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing this Chris.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1