This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Bullbasket

A new lease of life for a Tamiya Cromwell.

1 hour ago, Bangor Lad said:

Nice build. I have one in my stash and quite fancy having another to compliment the one I finished last month. 

Cheers

Thanks very much. I've still got a couple of Centaurs and Cromwells in the stash, but I'm always looking out for more (especially if they're cheap!)

John.

19 minutes ago, Billydick said:

Cracking 1st attempt Bullbasket .. What makes it for me is the two beautifully painted crew figures

Thanks Billy. Those Resicast figures are really good.

John.

Very nice John, the extra details bring out the model :like:

Regards

Richard

2 minutes ago, Ripaman said:

Very nice John, the extra details bring out the model :like:

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard. This only the second time that I've revisited an old model, and in both cases I'm glad that I did. I can achieve a lot more now than say 12 years ago. Makes a change for something to get better with age (apart from wine that is):D.

Regards,

John.

Yes totally agree with you regarding getting better with age, I find I don't need to hurry as I use to, do that at work :D

Regards

Richard

Ouhaou !! I am really impressed :o

Very nice job ... this conversion was so fast !

The crew is superb ... I'm just trying to begin with figures, I have many things to learn and practice before doing as well ;)

E

Hi Etienne,

Thanks very much. To be perfectly honest, I did the original build about 11-12 years ago and this conversion a couple of years ago. I always write up notes on my builds so I've been working from those.

With regards to the figures. It helps if they have good, sharp definition. That's why I usually replace the heads with ones from Hornet. They are probably the best you can get.

John.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Hi Etienne,

Thanks very much. To be perfectly honest, I did the original build about 11-12 years ago and this conversion a couple of years ago. I always write up notes on my builds so I've been working from those.

With regards to the figures. It helps if they have good, sharp definition. That's why I usually replace the heads with ones from Hornet. They are probably the best you can get.

John.

Doesn't change my comment about the quality of the conversion ;)

I note your advice about figures ... for the moment, I'm training on kit's styrene figures but I think I'll buy a set of Hornet's head !

E

Edited by Etienne

2 hours ago, Etienne said:

I note your advice about figures ... for the moment, I'm training on kit's styrene figures but I think I'll Guy a set of Hornet's head !

I don't know of any stockists here in France, so I usually buy mine from Historex Agents. They stock the full range.

John.

2 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Very well achieved, looks better, and figures so natural....:popcorn:, cheers John :D

Thanks very much Francis.

John.

That's a very interesting idea, to revamp an existing model. Very well done too if I may say so :)

1 minute ago, clive_t said:

That's a very interesting idea, to revamp an existing model. Very well done too if I may say so :)

It was either a revamp or strip it down for spare parts. The revamp won. Thanks for you comments Clive.

John.

You've given me an idea for an old Tamiya Tiger I built about 25+ years ago. That's got all manner of bits missing from it, but I've decided to keep hold of it rather than relocating it to the wastebasket of doom, so thanks for that!