Yakolev Yak-38 Forger in Afghanistan - Hobbyboss 1/48

Hi Guys, Here you go the last pictures of my Yakolev Yak-38 Forger or "Harrierski" as it was deployed in Afghanistan in the 80's. You may also look for it in the "Work In Progress" section of the Aviation Forums or clicking at this link  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235013202-yakolev-yak-38-forger-hobbyboss-148/#comment-2565902

15171320_10154490445025067_2281287583155

15134643_10154490445995067_4198307930311

6.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Greetings 

Antonio

• Like 40

I`m always wondering if this Russian cigar can fly, but your model don`t have to fly, I hope so. Excelent work and like Darby says, not the norm scheme. Great work. Udo.

• Like 1

Looks nice! :goodjob:  All in all, Yak-38 performed 107 missions in Afghanistan in combat conditions in pairs and alone, accompanied by the Su-17. The program was finished on May 29, 1980

• Like 1

Nice job - I did one myself a few years back when the kit came out.  It goes together well, and guess what?  I did the same scheme as you! :doh: There's a link in my signature if you're interested :)

23 hours ago, Jabo31 said:

I`m always wondering if this Russian cigar can fly, but your model don`t have to fly, I hope so. Excelent work and like Darby says, not the norm scheme. Great work. Udo.

Thanks Udo. I hope It doesn't!!!

Greetings

Antonio

23 hours ago, russ c said:

Looks great in camo`, really nice work there

23 hours ago, exdraken said:

strange plane, looking very good!

does this make sense?

what ever, great model!

20 hours ago, Reini78 said:

noice! looks better in camo than in single colour

:thumbsup:

Thanks folks...

Antonio

21 hours ago, IGKent said:

Looks nice! :goodjob:  All in all, Yak-38 performed 107 missions in Afghanistan in combat conditions in pairs and alone, accompanied by the Su-17. The program was finished on May 29, 1980

21 hours ago, IGKent said:

Jak-38_76.jpg

According my search I found two types of camouflage Forgers... one all aroung camouflage and another pretty much like the Navy standard...

1_12_b1.jpg

yak38-c3.jpg

On 14/3/2017 at 0:28 PM, goose said:

Great work looking great in that scheme, not one ive noticed before 

Thank you Goose.... I though so... I like to build strange and peculiar looking aircraft and schemes.

Greetings

Antonio

On 14/3/2017 at 6:13 PM, Vultures1 said:

That looks great.  Something different for the Forger and really good work on the Hobbyboss kit

Thanks Vulture. It's really a good kit, it has minor issues but overall a good kit.

Greetings

Antonio

About Yak-38s - all four aircrafts made 108 (or 107 in other sourses) flights, not one.

Here is painting two of Yak-38s from Romb operation, which we include in our Yak-38 decal in 1\72 and 1/48  scales. 

afghanistan.jpg

• Like 3