Jungle Skippers...1/48 Douglas C-47 Dakota USAAF

my dad´s gonna build the fuselage and wing seperate and will make the fusion in the end, makes the handling easier

DSC_0003_zpszadugt2p.jpg

1978 was a very good year ;)

DSC_0006_zpspqb97cjc.jpg

filling and sanding work done, fit was good, regarding the mold´s age

DSC_0007_zpsabucxqhx.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsjuwz4pgm.jpg

• Like 1

air intakes mounted, luckily the Revell kit includes both types

DSC_0004_zps6nki68mz.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsoau4soi8.jpg

the windscreen is no good fit, therefore my dad cut away the sidewindows and used some clear plastic to display them open, he also adds the edge struts with plastic pieces

DSC_0007_zpsvv0uo25i.jpg

DSC_0008_zpso98lqd6l.jpg

• Like 3

The raised panel lines present some challenges to construction, but IMHO they look more realistic than recessed panel lines on a Dakota anyway.

The Monogram C-47 shapes are good. I have one myself; just in search of the right paint scheme. Want to do a Pacific Theater one. Also considered a fresh-off-the-line bird with the red insignia surrounds and a yellow serial number on the tail...

david

4 hours ago, John_W said:

Nice Idea on the windscreen.

She's a big bird.

40cm long, 60cm wingspan....

24 minutes ago, David H said:

The raised panel lines present some challenges to construction, but IMHO they look more realistic than recessed panel lines on a Dakota anyway.

The Monogram C-47 shapes are good. I have one myself; just in search of the right paint scheme. Want to do a Pacific Theater one. Also considered a fresh-off-the-line bird with the red insignia surrounds and a yellow serial number on the tail...

david

regarding the panel lines you are right, saw rescribed models and they didn´t look so good

good idea with the PTO one, because you see mostly ETO/D-Day schemes in 1/48 I convinced my dad to do a PTO one too