Suez stripes: Meteor, Seahawk and Piper Cub 1/72

Dear fellow modellers,

this is batch of my latest additions built for the upcoming title "Suez Crisis, Empire's End" in the Valiant Wings Extra series.

While the Xtrakit Meteor F Mk.8 and Hobbyboss FGA.6 were easy affairs built mostly OOB, the "Cub Special" was pretty involving conversion project using KP J-3/L-18C kits to get something near to PA-11-90 model.

More details follow in the book which is due April 2017.

Cheers

Libor

Meteor_02_zpsl2dhmwem.jpg

Meteor_01_zpstl2bme64.jpg

Seahawk_01_zpsn7iusgdg.jpg

Seahawk_02_zps5qfflsbz.jpg

Piper_01_zps1d4eolnj.jpg

Piper_02_zpskc34nohj.jpg

• Like 42

Hi Libor,

three exceptional builds! Congratulations!

I am mostly interested in the Seahawk, as I really love this plane. Please confirm that this is what one gets when buying the Hobby Boss kit, which I have never had in hand.

I have the ancient Airfix kit with some Aeroclub goodies, and I will build it, but I want to tackle as well a more modern kit.

Your three models are outstanding.

JR

1 hour ago, jean said:

I am mostly interested in the Seahawk, as I really love this plane. Please confirm that this is what one gets when buying the Hobby Boss kit, which I have never had in hand.

I have the ancient Airfix kit with some Aeroclub goodies, and I will build it, but I want to tackle as well a more modern kit.

Your three models are outstanding.

JR

JR

you  may find  this of use

the HB  Sea Hawk looks very decent in the box, and I presume it's a scaled down version of the Trumpeter 1/48th kit, which I have never  seen and wailing  and gnashing of teeth about...

Libor

one point, I think the Meteor wing stripes should  be black/white not green/white.

see

As you can see it's has been a matter of confusion, small point and the builds are excellent!

cheers

T

Thanks gents for kind comments!

Jean: yes, I can confirm that. I only replaced the RP's as they looked a bit crude.

Troy: thanks pointing this out, I'm aware about that. I simply followed the DP Casper instructions without too much stress.

Cheers

Libor

• Like 1