1/400 HMS Victorious - British Pacific Fleet

What a great job and the weathering is just perfect, how long did this take you Jan?

I'm going to try my hand at ship building after I get some more practice on the models, perhaps next year sometime, I've just bought Tamiya 1/350 Tirpitz and New Jersey, going to try and build the straight out of the box but I don't think I could compete with your standards.

• Like 1

Jan, very nice!! I am warming up to British warships myself. My first love will always be IJN cruisers and American destroyers. As allyby said the weathering looks great. :yes:

Allyby, you have to just jump and do it. Having built both of those fine kits I would say the Tirpitz is probably the easiest but it's really a toss up. The Jersey has the easiest camo. The Tirpitz splinter is a nightmare on the superstructure.

Welcome to the forums BTW

Edited by Bitzer
  • Like 1

Lovely job, I can appreciate the ammount of hard work that you have put in to get such a good result, the kit is so innacurate in places its almost funny, and its really nice to see her modelled in a late war configuration, it would be nice if someone released a decent 1/350 kit but Im sure you feel the same as I do, having been to hell and back, it would also be really annoying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big respect to you from a fellow traveller :D

Thank for all your kind words, they encouraged me present my other models here.

Model is modified Heller 1/400 kit sold as HMS Illustrious, but cca 50% of kit is rebuild or completely substituted by scratchbuild and resin parts.

When I had a time to take pictures of progress I published some of them in Czecho-Slovak modelforum.

It took me cca 400 work hours to complete - in time span of 8 years. I Have also build other 1/350 kits in parallel.

Aftermarket parts used :

1/400 WEM Illustrious/Victorious photoetch

1/400 WEM Resin Illustrious bridge - parts only as it doesn't fit to BPF configuration

1/400 Northstart windows/portholes

1/400 L'Arsenal double, and single Bofors as well as Avengers and Corsairs (wings had to be shortened to be british)

plus various leftover form my 1/350 build.

Happy modeling

Jan

Hello Jan,

Just checked your WIP. It looks fantastic. This is a relatively very cheap model, but you turned it into a winner.

My compliments on all the work you did put in to the model. But the end result is stunning. "Master Modeler"

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1

Hello,
Waouuuuh, it's superb.
I love your style.
This patina is beautiful.
Knowing the Heller kit you have done an admirable job.

Very impressive amount of work---I can believe it took 8 years, the starting point is quite a dismal affair as we are all well too aware of! Very good to see a Brtiish WW2 carrier in mid-war configuration like this, brilliant to see how you've updated the aircraft complement as well. A salute!