SciFi & Fantasy Modeller - last

Got a mail from SciFi & Fantasy Modeller that they are to publish their last ever issue with Volume 45:

"Sci-fi and fantasy modeller Volume 45

Publishing April - the latest issue of Sci-fi & fantasy modeller - Volume Forty-Five - will sadly be our last.

Sure to be a sought after collectable, Volume 45 is only available from us via pre-order...
...that's right, we are printing to order only, so if you want to be sure of your copy of this landmark volume you need to please pre-order now to ensure that you receive one - (important - please pre-order here by Thursday, March 16th. latest).

We hope our titles have brought pleasure to you over the years and that you will continue to enjoy sci-fi modelling as a rewarding and inspiring hobby."

Quoted from their website: http://www.scififantasymodeller.co.uk/English/welcome.php

The mail also said that the site will remain operational until July only (for backorders).

Nothing is said about the online only issues and if Volume 45 will be available as online version. Also nothing about refunds for paid subscriptions either hardcopies or e-books.

Sad to see them go. The online versions were excellent value.

Edit: David Openshaw replied to my mail that Vol. 45 will be avaliable in digital version too and that they are " producing guidelines for digital subscribers in tandem with our digital distributor (MagCloner/JellyFish) ".

René

I have a paid subscription of the eMagazine through PocketMags and trying to get it sorted out right now. It appears that issue 45 may not be available through them, looks like I am just going to get 6 back issues...

I have a fairly large collection of the print magazines but where I live now I really do not have room for physical copies anymore...

I had once subscribed the printed magazine long ago but stoped because it came to expensive for me. The digital version was a great solution - with the bonus of additional images. Still I find it easier to use printed magazines as it is easier to thumb through when searching an older article. Fearing postage and tax I avoid to ask you to sell your Magazines :-)

But it should be no problem to sell them in the US if you really wanted.

Hmmm... I have also PocketMags but also the SciFi and Fantasy App. I think my last iTunes bill was not from PocketMags. Hope so.