New 1:48 Gustav from Zvezda: Opinions ?

galfa

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

Hallo,

Whyare some knowledgeable people (Mr. Kosachev) saying "not as good as the F ones"?

Fernando

It's not all what it could be, and appears to be an half-baked "take this Gustav and stop bugging me" release by Zvezda.

I'll still buy it over Eduard any time.

Vedran

Edited by Mike
Removing profanity
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2017 at 7:19 AM, Fernando said:

Hallo,

Whyare some knowledgeable people (Mr. Kosachev) saying "not as good as the F ones"?

Fernando

Where is Mr. K saying this? I can't find any articles/threads (including HyperScale) where anybody is saying anything really specific about the new kit. Is the problem that one can't build as many sub-variants as people would desire?

• Like 1

Gentlemen,

Just look into the general HS forum, 8th March.

Fernando

5 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

If you want us to comment intelligently on someone else's comments on a different site, the minimum usable requirement would appear be to provide a link...

Mr. Work In Progress,

I have never asked such a thing, but comments on a kit.

Fernando

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

I have never asked such a thing, but comments on a kit.

No,Galfa in the original post was the person who asked for comments on the kit.

Your question was explicitly asking us to speculate about what you said someone else was complaining about on another forum, in the following two direct quotes

On 09/03/2017 at 0:19 PM, Fernando said:

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Just look into the general HS forum, 8th March

Edited by Work In Progress

I've gone through all the March 8 threads in the Plane Talking sub-forum at Hyperscale without finding anything. Fernando, when you say "general HS forum," do you mean the Lounge? Unfortunately, the web page is currently acting up (at least for me), and I can't access that sub-forum to check.

2 hours ago, Seawinder said:

I've gone through all the March 8 threads in the Plane Talking sub-forum at Hyperscale without finding anything. Fernando, when you say "general HS forum," do you mean the Lounge? Unfortunately, the web page is currently acting up (at least for me), and I can't access that sub-forum to check.

No, "Plane Talking". The one everybody writes. I didn't put a link today for the same reason!

Fernando

PD: the page is up again. But it looks like a link to the specific thread is not possible. The thread was originated on 6th March; Mr.K comment is dated 8th. It says just:

"Not as great as their F-series, but anyway best on the market. n/t - Sergey Kosachev on Mar 8, 2017, 7:29 AM "

Edited by Fernando

2 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

No,Galfa in the original post was the person who asked for comments on the kit.

Your question was explicitly asking us to speculate about what you said someone else was complaining about on another forum, in the following two direct quotes

Well, no, sir, my phrasing was:

"Whyare some knowledgeable people (Mr. Kosachev) saying "not as good as the F ones"?"

Which is (I seem to remember, the page is currently down) what he said (a "n/t" post). So I could hardly ask for a comment on such a discreet and enigmatic post. I just mentioned it to note that there could be something wrong. Otherwise, why asking? I respectfully think you are making "much ado for nothing".

Fernando

PD: Anyway, here you got it:

Not as great as their F-series, but anyway best on the market. n/t - Sergey Kosachev on Mar 8, 2017, 7:29 AM

Edited by Fernando

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

No, "Plane Talking". The one everybody writes. I didn't put a link today for the same reason!

Fernando

PD: the page is up again. But it looks like a link to the specific thread is not possible. The thread was originated on 6th March; Mr.K comment is dated 8th. It says just:

"Not as great as their F-series, but anyway best on the market. n/t - Sergey Kosachev on Mar 8, 2017, 7:29 AM "

Here's a link to the whole thread, which is not much more than what Fernando posted:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1488852748/last-1489062674/(View+All+Messages+In+This+Thread)

I'm puzzled by a couple of things: first, Eugene's and Sergey's vaguely negative comments, which AFAIK haven't been clarified anywhere yet; 2nd, the fact that discussion of this kit has been virtually nonexistent, especially considering that so many people were waiting impatiently for its release in the wake of the Eduard G-6 saga. Perhaps the Zvezda kit simply hasn't made it into enough pairs of hands yet.

Oh yeah: to copy a link to an HS thread, open it, right-click, choose This Frame in the pop-up menu, then in the next menu choose Open Frame in New Window. You can then highlight/copy the URL.

5 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Seawinder,

pages 18-21, use Google translator

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_67217_start_340.html

Basically as I wrote in my first post, not all that it could be and feels rushed but still more accurate in shape and size than Eduard.

vedran

Hi Vedran.

Call me a lazy so-and-so, but could you possibly post a brief summary of your and others' comments here (but maybe more than the sentence above), in English? I waded through the pages you cited at scalemodels.ru plus a few more as well. Apparently there's criticism of the markings, both for options offered and accuracy, some discussion about rivets (couldn't tell if the problem is their presence or absence), and some pictures with red lines pointing, I think, at somewhat blurry molding.

I also copied this comment from Sergey K. a few pages earlier:

"As for the Zvezdatogo G-6, yesterday acquired, the overall impression of the new sprues is negligence, say your Messer and fall behind already.
Lamps are not so scary, enough to make the binding wider and the problem is solved, the recess under the heading on the Earle - this is certainly marasmus, but the collected will not be particularly noticeable. By the way, the vacuums from Rob Taurus for the UM-MOV Messer perfectly stand on the Zvezda. The supercharger knob / fender is not corrected."

Could you at least give us a more ideomatic translation? (The second sentence it particularly enigmatic.)

Thanks,

Pip

6 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Basically as I wrote in my first post, not all that it could be and feels rushed but still more accurate in shape and size than Eduard.

I'm not looking for a war on this Vedran, but which Eduard G, as they retooled the old kit last year, and re-released it with different product codes.  I just want to make sure we're comparing apples with apples :)

Hi Mike

FWIW I compared the new tool Eduard G with a Zvezda F fuselage, the Eduard is fractionally larger when they are lined up, about 1mm maybe height wise, but  all the panel lines agree, remembering all the main dimensions are the same of the F/G/K series aircraft.

It's hard to compare the noses due to the breakdown on the Zvezda kit.

The only other complaints I have read about the new tool Eduard are the exhaust are too high, and the upper wing wheel bulge maybe a little off.

the exhaust issue is noticeable if you are really paying attention.

Assuming the Zvezda G is the same dimensionally as their F, then it' is slightly better shape,  than the Eduard new tool G. It also lacks the rivets.

I am also curious to know more about the Zvezda G being a bit rushed?   

HTH

T

33 minutes ago, Seawinder said:

Could you at least give us a more ideomatic translation? (The second sentence it particularly enigmatic.)

Thanks,

Pip

Hi Pip,

As to the Zvezda G-6, got mine yesterday, overall impression of the new sprues is negligence: "here is your Messer and now stop bugging me".

(Remember that Zvezda didn't plan on releasing further versions of the 109 after the F-4, but overall demand and nagging from modelers won.)

The second sentence - lantern means canopy (as in glass cover, as far as the Google translator is concerned :-)). As I understand it, the frames are not wide enough and could be masked wider on the kit part (or use the RobTaurus vac canopy for the UM kit - canopies made for Eduard kit won't fit for the obvious reasons) and for the Erla Haube you need to fix the armour backplate.

Vedran

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm not looking for a war on this Vedran, but which Eduard G, as they retooled the old kit last year, and re-released it with different product codes.  I just want to make sure we're comparing apples with apples :)

Hi Mike,

this is the relevant HS thread (warning, some red lines present) http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1476805951

While the new fixed Eduard G-6 brings it into the ballpark for most modelers, it still has gripes as discussed in the link, whole fuselage too high, exhausts and their openings too big, gear legs too long etc.

Vedran

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

I am also curious to know more about the Zvezda G being a bit rushed?   

HTH

T

Hi Troy. Check the rough G-6 fuselage. As if the mould wasn't polished enough. Some wet'n'dry will fix it, but compared to their F's, this is a step backwards.

http://radikal.ru/lfp/s019.radikal.ru/i605/1702/ba/8b5f7b71e924.jpg/htm

Vedran

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Hi, Mike,

Actually, most of the pieces are common between both kits. That is, exception made of fuselages and wings! All of the small pieces are exactly the same, two sprues full of them (just check the pieces layout) PE are exactly the same, as are the stencil decals. Now, clear parts sprues are different, but the sizes do not look to be different in any dramatical way.

That said, "current" Eduard's windscreen will fit Zvezda F fuselage almost to a click. It is the hood that looks a bit big, but I guess that opened it would not be that apparent.

Fernando

Edited by Fernando