revell Voodoo 1/72

First effort at posting a RFI thread, and I'm going to build it bit at a time, just like the plane!

I was delighted to pick up this little beauty at the Romsey modellers show last summer. I was looking for a revell/ monogram kit in1/48 but they're few and far between!

If you know of anyone who's got one, I m still interested😃

IMG_20170308_230105

My photos are with a phone, so don't expect miracles,, but I'm glad to get her finished after a long suspension In the build.

I've got a Kittyhawk Voodoo half built as well, So this is the first stage of a major unblocking for me 

Let's see how I get on with this...

• Like 2

Here she is,

IMG_20170308_164003

Covered in foil, which is a habit of mine . Done several including the airfix Martin B57 Canberra in 1/48

That was a lot of foil!

IMG_20170308_163641

IMG_20170308_163718

IMG_20170308_163232

Such a great looking plane. You can see she's the mother of the f4 phantom!

Edited by rob Lyttle
  • Like 12

This picture was a major source of motivation to push me on to complete the build.

f101-58300-main

I made contact with a guy called Phil Dunn on the B57Canberra.org site. He flew b57s and Hercs for a long time, but when he qualified this was the plane he wanted. This thing was the Hot ticket!!

IMG_20170308_164505

Edited by rob Lyttle
  • Like 6

Great work Rob.

A quick question regarding the foil and decaling. Do the decals go straight on to the foil or is there some kind of clear coat applied? And afterwards are they sealed in in anyway or just left as is?

Just curious as its something I'd like to try.

Thanks

James

• Like 1

Very nice indeed!

I remember Model Zone was knocking these out for £5 each before they went bust, wish I'd picked up a few!

• Like 1

Yup, should be ADC Grey* like the Minnesota one in the photo -but hey, lovely bit o' foil work! ("...*Natural Metal Finish and other features shown are Extra Cost Options. Ask at your McDonnell Douglas Showroom for more details of custom packages and Finance/Leasing Plans." :wink:)

• Like 1

oh my goodness....

There is some hoodoo in the voodoo that yoodoo! :D

Predecessor to the F4 is something I have just learned (I am mainly in the WWII era)

Well done.

Great subject and finish

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

Very nice indeed, the surface finish looks sweet! Good job!

16 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

I was looking for a revell/ monogram kit in1/48 but they're few and far between!

I have been as well as I have a nice set of Canadian decals for it but just haven't located the kit yet.

Bob

• Like 1

Bob, I think a monogram job from America is the likely option. Have you considered the Kittyhawk version? £££😠

Everyone, thanks for the comments and feedback. I'll post up some more information shortly 

7 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

Have you considered the Kittyhawk version?

I have briefly looked at a couple of builds and I wasn't enamoured by the quality and detail especially for the price I would be expected to stump up. I have seen a couple of nice builds but they all share the pain of the build. I think the Revell one may be a calmer one to build!

Bob

8 hours ago, F-32 said:

remember Model Zone was knocking these out for £5 each before they went bust, wish I'd picked up a few!

Well I missed That window of opportunity.....!

Reckon there are a good few stashed away here and there, if they were going at that rate.

I suppose the market got flooded with all sorts when they went down.

ADC grey?- nah, that'd be way too boring...

If I could apply foil that neatly (I tried... I can't) I think I'd happily cover everything I built in it! Would you care to share some tips, tricks, experiences with us?

Will

Edited by Killingholme