Airfix 1/48 BF109E

Great looking build and intricate paint scheme.

The end result is smashing!

Congrats

JR

that's a great looking Emil... very nicely done on the paintwork and weathering. I've often wondered about this kit- now I know. ^_^   Cheers, Dave

p.s. those chords wouldn't be  A , D and E would they?

nice build

On 12.3.2017 at 11:53 PM, Newbie(kinda) said:

VERY nice! I was under the impression that Airfix 109s (especially in 1/48) were a bit pants. Sure as hell looks like a 109 to me. Lovely finish, well done!

is there any "official " verdict about whose BF 109 to build ?

:pilot:

10 hours ago, exdraken said:

nice build

is there any "official " verdict about whose BF 109 to build ?

:pilot:

No.  I've not built any of the others but I've built two of these and found them relatively stress-free.  There are those who say that they're a bit basic, and I have my doubts about prop blade chord and undercarriage leg length, but apart from that it depends on what YOU want from the kit.  Do you want every last nut, bolt, screw, rivet, split pin, washer and grommet?  If you do, and you want to spend lots in the process, go buy a Tamigawa or Hasejimi kit and all of the aftermarket you can find for it.  If you just want something affordable, easy to build and with a number of options catered for in the box (but not neccesarily specified in the instructions), as well as plenty of eye-catching colour schemes, go get one (or more) of these and have some fun with it.

• Like 1

There is also the relatively cheap Eduard weekend edition to consider....at least here the Airfix kit is not that easily and chesply available.... ~20 € undelivered....

Thanjs for your input ! And again, congrats!!