BA Olympic Dove Decals?

Hi all, looking to build a 319 dove from BA (Olympics 2012 scheme). Found gio decals but the seller from Poland seems less than reliable. Does anyone else do the set, or is there a better supplier. I have tried the other supplier mentioned in the thread above, or at least their eBay page. 

Ill try and put a link later when I have more than just my phone

thanks gang for any help

all the best

Graham

Edited by Graham77
User error

I see two options then, see if some one has the decals and get a high res scan and print or own or see if we can get permission for someone else to make them... any ideas from anyone who has done this before or anyone else interested to see what demand there might be for this scheme?

cheers feoffee2 

Hi

I would love a set. The problem is finding great someone to make them. They are very similar fine and also there could be a trademark issue which may stop some of the bigger manufactures. I have made some of my own decals before think this could only be done with a very high resolution scan and a lot of patient.

Thanks 

I got the Gio Decals sheet from Guilherme Kosciuv a few weeks ago.  It wasn't cheap, particularly when postage from Brazil to the UK was added, but Guilherme is a member of Britmodeller and most importantly he is trustworthy unlike our Polish friend Alexander.  The Dove sheet doesn't seem to be listed on his current Ebay page (he sells as kosciuv) but you could try dropping him a personal message to see if he has any left.

I managed to bag a couple of sets from Guilherme.  I'd been looking for this sheet for years, along with the Firefly decal which I also managed to grab.

No sooner had I received the sheets when I came across this set from BS Modelle, which I ordered immediately.  This sheet is much more refined than the GioDecals sheet and is a paler shade of gold.  I haven't had chance yet to compare them in detail or against photos of any of the actual aircraft. Some elements appear to be better rendered on one version, and others on the other version. Unfortunately the different shades of gold mean you can't mix and match the sets.   I'll probably just build each version.

Roy

Edited by buzz

14 hours ago, buzz said:

No sooner had I received the sheets when I came across this set from BS Modelle

Hi Roy

Did you get charged postage on these? I can't see any postage costs without committing to buy?

Have you received them? and if so do they have the spot shading on the tail?

It's shown on the profile image they use, but isn't obvious on the decal image?

Anybody know what the base colour for this scheme is (I Know, Dove Grey!) paint match/

Hi Dave,

I paid EUR4.70 postage for five decals including this one.  Very prompt service from Sergii. The shading is on the tail and it is quite 'dotty'.  For sure, is not as subtle as the original or on, say, 26's regular scheme decals.  In my opinion, the decal image is closer to the actual shade of gold than the decal itself is, but it might look better on grey paint.  The feather detail is very well done.  It's on a continuous clear sheet (just as the GioDecal set is).

As for the grey, I'll just go with a one a bit lighter than Airbus Grey. I've seen some references to the aircraft fuselage and tops of the wings being white.  It becomes obvious that it's grey when you notice the splashes of white making up the feathers.  And when you see the contrast between the paint and the painters' white coveralls in the youtube video of G-EUOH being painted. And today I found a video of G-EUPH with a white nose.  I'm not sure if the underside of the wings and the tailplanes are the same grey or were left in Airbus grey.  I think the latter.

HTH

Roy

Gents I really can't believe I have read a thread on here where scanning and duplicating a commercial product is being discussed.  

Please refrain from this doing this on the site as Britmodeller can not Condone copyright theft.

Julien

Just for general interest here and here are links to previous discussions about BS Modelle.  I had seen the Airliner Cafe thread but I hadn't made the connection until Turbofan reminded me.  I'm as satisfied as I can be that the sheets I bought from them are not pirated but anybody who tries to rip off a reputable supplier like Nazca should be treated with caution and if I'd realised it was the same company I probably wouldn't have dealt with them.  Julien's point about copyright theft doesn't just apply to Britmodeller members.

• Like 1

And also just for reference, there is no indication whatsoever that the BSModelle BA Dove sheet is pirated from anyone else.  As I said, it is much more refined than the GioDecals decal which, as far as I am aware, is the only other available decal of this subject).  The same applies to the other decals I bought from them.

Oops I appear to have trod the fine line here and inferred breaching a copyright. Apologies it was thinking out loud on the easiest way to produce decals for a sheet I thought was no longer produced. I work for the airline in question here and the colour scheme was that on the first bus I flew from Gatwick to Barcelona hence my eagerness to add it to the collection. fingers crossed have a set heading my way from Guilherme so my dilemma is over. Apologies and thanks for the help!