1980's Front Line Asia GB chat

Well done Cliff, you are duly added to the list.

14 hours ago, CliffB said:

Seems like a good excuse to dust off one or more of my Tamiya 1/100s

Which kits do you have Cliff? I've never built one myself but they look like they build into nice models, a Chinese Il-28 (Harbin H-5) would be very  nice.

I've got a 1/48th resin Su-15 already to go for this one, it'll be in the unusual camouflaged scheme rather than the normal bare metal finish.

I really do hope this GB gets there!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I've got a 1/48th resin Su-15 already to go for this one, it'll be in the unusual camouflaged scheme rather than the normal bare metal finish.

I really do hope this GB gets there!

An excellent choice Rich, the Su-15 is a beast of an aircraft and looks great in the camouflage scheme, not that it looks bead in the aluminium paint either.

I really hope it gets through too!

Hi Craig,

Further to my post suggesting people have a look at our website http://www.asianairarms.com for further ideas, just want to say that we're now extending the region to include the former Soviet Asian republics, namely: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, plus the Transcaucasian air arms of Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia plus the semi/non-official air arms of Abkhazia, Chechnya and South Ossetia. There must be something there to tickle people's fancies! These new pages can be found at https://www.asianairarms.com/sov-asia-trnscacsus-search.

However, please bear in mind that this extension is in an early stage at present and I'd very much welcome input from those who know better than me! Corrections, a/c photos, model photos, accounts of air actions, additions and suggestions very much welcome!

Brian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, celt said:

Hi all,I have been a member for awhile now, but never tried a group build before.I wonder if this is a good one to break my duck.:penguin:Could not see a duck on the emoticons.:lol:

It will be an honour for us to be your first GB @celt!

GB's are a great place to get inspired and to learn and to have some fun too, there are some really knowledgeable and helpful people so if you have any questions please feel free to ask. And very well done for being number 30 on the list and getting us over the threshold for the GB vote!

Craig. 

45 minutes ago, celt said:

Thanks modelling minion,whats happens now.:unsure:

Now that we have reached the target of 30 people signed up this GB will be added to a list of others which have also reached their target and then there will be a vote (which lasts for a couple of weeks (I think) as to which GB's get chosen for next years program. As there are always more GB's than there are slots available only those with the largest number of votes go through so it is really important that when voting time comes that you remember to cast your votes otherwise a GB that you want to participate in will not get through.

Hopefully that makes some sense to you!

Craig.

32 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Now that we have reached the target of 30 people signed up this GB will be added to a list of others which have also reached their target and then there will be a vote (which lasts for a couple of weeks (I think) as to which GB's get chosen for next years program. As there are always more GB's than there are slots available only those with the largest number of votes go through so it is really important that when voting time comes that you remember to cast your votes otherwise a GB that you want to participate in will not get through.

Hopefully that makes some sense to you!

Craig.

Hi modelling minion,yes I think so,these GBs are complicated beasties arent they.:hypnotised:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, celt said:

I will have to visit my LMS,as my linited stash has nothing suitable.My usual modelling fare is not 80s or Asia in nature.:shrug:Still they say a change is as good as a rest.:lol:

A change certainly is good for the modelling mojo.

I wouldn't go out and buy anything for the GB yet just in case we do not make it in the vote, not that that will happen!

What is your usual modelling fare? 1980's Asia was a heady mix of equipment from virtually WWII vintage to the most modern stuff available so you might find you have something after all, let me know what you have got and I will try and find something suitable from it. 

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Thank you Enzo :lol:.

Now it's up to you guys who signed up to make sure we get through the vote, thanks for all your support and interest so far.

Craig.

Hi modelling minion,how,when and where do we vote.:shrug:

9 hours ago, celt said:

Hi modelling minion,how,when and where do we vote.:shrug:

The vote will be held in the GB section of Britmodeller where there will be a list of GB's that have met the required number of members signing up for them from which you can vote for the ones you would like to see go through (I cannot remember how many you can vote for off the top of my head). The vote takes place in November, if you would like I can message you to let you know when it starts.

Craig.

12 hours ago, modelling minion said:

The vote will be held in the GB section of Britmodeller where there will be a list of GB's that have met the required number of members signing up for them from which you can vote for the ones you would like to see go through (I cannot remember how many you can vote for off the top of my head). The vote takes place in November, if you would like I can message you to let you know when it starts.

Craig.

Hi modelling minion,that would be great.Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...