Catching Pictures in the Air

He's not wrong tha knows

And we only use proper Araldite round here don't we?

Acos we know what happens if we dont dont we?

see a local Buccaneer thread for confirmation....

A nice stirrup, very nice

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, perdu said:

You will no doubt remember I told you before, I'm old...

Now you have a reference timeframe to fettle with

Egad. What are you man? 11th Dynasty? Older? :shocked:

19 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Impressive work  on the rear fuselage Baron

Thanks. I've been working out....:whistle:

17 hours ago, 71chally said:

Moi!

Marcel! We hardly knew ye...:lol:

12 hours ago, CedB said:

Nice stirrup Tony - soldered eh? With an iron? Too modest, great stuff.

Now we're looking like a proper 'plane coming together... those details are amazing :) 

Thanking you kindly Ced. My irrational fear of the soldering iron is slowly coming under control....even if it is only one of Lidl's cheapest.

12 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

even araldite bits of thin metal sheet in for huge models

12 hours ago, perdu said:

He's not wrong tha knows

Antoine, Pharaoh Perdueses: You don't think my plan to just paint the framing with Irn Bru is going to give enough support I take it? I suppose on reflection it was optimistic, putting that 'made from girders' motto to the test...

Central Seam (that somewhat risque Manhattan Transfer tribute band :lol:) is decidedly boingy - as you've clearly worked out for yourselves through the medium of pixel. Suggestions of some more robust means of internal support would seem to be the prudent course in order to avoid any nasty surprises later on - not least of which would be seeing Central Seam getting squeezed injudiciously whilst adding the very last lick of paint at the end and turning into Freudian Slit....

Something metal and cruciform in shape may answer the case in that region, on so many levels....

12 hours ago, perdu said:

And we only use proper Araldite round here don't we?

Some have been known to err.

:whistle:

Just saying.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Central Seam (that somewhat risque Manhattan Transfer tribute band :lol:

Central Seam supported Strategic Rug many times Tony :guitar: .

On the "Solomon's Wind" tour they played an unplugged version of  Steppenwolf's "Magic Carpet Ride" together as the encore.

The lead singer of Strategic Rug, Baba Yaga, has been in the news. He recently went to the dentist to have root canal work and refused to have Novocain. He wanted to transcend dental medication.

:coat: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Central Seam (that somewhat risque Manhattan Transfer tribute band :lol:)

I've had a really crap day at work, but I have just coughed out a mouthful of Rioja at that! Rat a tat ta ta!

Or COMOR, as one might say in text parlance!

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/12/2017 at 5:54 PM, TonyTiger66 said:

On the "Solomon's Wind" tour they played an unplugged version of  Steppenwolf's "Magic Carpet Ride" together as the encore.

I still have the souvenir T-shirt from that tour! 

:violin:

It's a knitted tank-top in chestnut with fawn lettering.

On 8/12/2017 at 5:54 PM, TonyTiger66 said:

He wanted to transcend dental medication.

:rofl2: Superbe Antoine!

I read that the first time without the penny dropping and then about 10 minutes later in the kitchen, burst out laughing. My eldest son now thinks that I find butter amusing...

On 8/12/2017 at 9:01 PM, 71chally said:

I have just coughed out a mouthful of Rioja at that!

I'm assuming that you'd just taken a gulp of some James, rather than that you regularly carry wine round in your cheeks like a hamster? :lol:

On 8/12/2017 at 9:01 PM, 71chally said:

Rat a tat ta ta!

manhattantransfer5.jpg

http://bobharris.org/pages/gallerypics.php?artist=OGWT Manhattan Transfer

I have a nasty feeling that I may have seen this episode when it was originally on. Even as a youngster stylish clothing called to me....

To my bemusement we are now at p.59 with barely any of the kit itself constructed to speak of. If memory serves I did stick some portholes in at one point...oh, and a table, but that's about height of it really. Other kit parts have either been amputated or else sit beneath the unread instructions like virgins in shroud.

On the plus side I've learned - or more accurately been taught by pals here via distance learning - vacforming, and have gotten a bit better at soldering.

I've also lost track also of the various new tools that have been acquired since this thread began.

Despite remaining as enthused by this build as I was at the start, I do have to face  a poverty of free time for a period, for two reasons. One is simply to do with the headspace requirements of gainful employment over the next few months, which are going to ramp up significantly. On its own not an insurmountable situation of course, except that the Flying Boat GB kicks off here in a fortnight and there simply will not be sufficient free time to accommodate two builds simultaneously.

I've therefore taken the decision to place this build in cryogenic animation until the New Year, by which time the GB will be complete. I've a lot of research materials to turn into plans before the GB actually starts so that in itself will take up the next couple of weeks.  The subject is one of these:

Dornier_18_2.jpg

I hope that you'll find the project engaging enough to drop into: I can certainly promise obligatory outbursts of cutting and detailing.

in the meantime, Pelican 9 is:

36395471212_8eeeaff6ef_z.jpg

:bye:

Tony

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

Kick us in the Boxcars why don't you!

boxart.jpg

Per chance?  If so, another kit that I enjoyed (twice) in my yute, that you will more than likely spoil the illusion of!

PS my school nickname was Hamster due to my cheekage!

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 5

Group builds

Anathema to this old, slow moving dinosaurus codgeritus.

And now one is stealing our Bockscar

Booo I say, boo!

And humbug

And fiddlesticks too

Boo

😠

Edited by perdu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Do18 is the first aircraft to be confirmed as shot down by a British aircraft in WW2, by a Skua of 803 squadron, so there's an idea for a diorama. And I have read that there is plenty of scope for improving it, and I'm sure you won't disappoint...

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 71chally said:

Per chance?

Mais oui. And I've already found something big that needs cutting off!:lol:

5 hours ago, perdu said:

Say night night to Uncle Bill little Pelican. You'll see him again in January.

35762940433_8ec55b502e_z.jpg

4 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

The Do18 is the first aircraft to be confirmed as shot down by a British aircraft in WW2, by a Skua of 803 squadron, so there's an idea for a diorama. And I have read that there is plenty of scope for improving it, and I'm sure you won't disappoint...

Quite right Adrian. McEwan and Seymour from 803 Sqn.

Neither the nose or the tail of the kit look right to me - for either D or G variants - so some fun will likely ensure getting those right.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Oh well. Understand where you're coming from as my Dambuster is hold while on crack on with the made in GB groupbuild. End of season one, episode left on a cliffhanger until next season....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, perdu said:

Group builds

Anathema to this old, slow moving dinosaurus codgeritus.

Booo I say, boo!

Ditto (tho' I'm a little ambivalent about the old).....

1 hour ago, Tomoshenko said:

Oh well. Understand where you're coming from as my Dambuster is hold while on crack on with the made in GB groupbuild.

Two boos for you to Tom

Oh well.  I s'pose I'll just have to  get used to trekking all the way over the the group build sections.  Is it far? Directions anyone?  Any one got Sat Nav coordinates?  The old map reading skills have ossified somewhat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Dornier 18 is also slated for a Martian build coming to a forum near you in the not too distant future. Sad about the Boxcar though.

Martian of the Mixed Emotions

• Like 4

In two minds about the pause in the build...

On one hand I'll miss the amazing micro engineering...

On the other hand it'll be a nice surprise when it restarts...

On the other hand (where did THAT come from) we'll have the pleasure of a Baronial floaty thing...

7 hours ago, Fritag said:

Is it far? Directions anyone?  Any one got Sat Nav coordinates?

Yer 'tis:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TheBaron said:

The subject is one of these:

Dornier_18_2.jpg

Like Adrian, I was thinking 'diorama' - with perhaps a Coastal Command Mossie or Beaufighter on the other end of that tracer burst - and with the next burst a tad more to the right...!! And then to save time and get back to th e Boxcar more quickly, you could just model the fin of the ugly floaty thing as it sinks beneath the waves.....!!  :D

Keith

Who is getting more than a little p'd off waiting for the British Gas engineer to come and service the boiler. He rang 45 minutes ago to say he'd be here in 20...:angrysoapbox.sml:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CedB said:

On the other hand (where did THAT come from) we'll have the pleasure of a Baronial floaty thing...

Can we give the Baron's floaty things a miss please? :ill:

Martian

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I suppose we're stuck with the bally thing but I have to say, bad form just leaving us all hanging around causing mischief and such

graffiti all over the place too no doubt

tsssk

OH yes

have fun

Martian, your Vogon cousin

Has he any by-passes he needs to park somewhere for a lightyear or two

:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

looking forward to January already.

It's a date dude!

PM sent btw about the GB.:thumbsup2:

18 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

End of season one, episode left on a cliffhanger until next season....

:lol: I just 'opes the back of me head don't come off between now an' then. Be most embarrassing for all concerned if it turns out I'm a robot.

I should imagine...

18 hours ago, perdu said:

Where did I put those hibernation pills anyone?

People will put you on display Bill. Don't do it:

17 hours ago, Fritag said:

I s'pose I'll just have to  get used to trekking all the way over the the group build sections.  Is it far? Directions anyone?

It's rough over in that part of the forum Steve as they dwell in feral groups. Only go there in pairs, and ensure that one of you has the means to make fire.

16 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

The Dornier 18 is also slated for a Martian build coming to a forum near you in the not too distant future. Sad about the Boxcar though.

15 hours ago, hendie said:

this just isn't good enough you know.  What am I going to do  for my weekend morning long lie in bed with a cup of coffee threads ?

9 hours ago, CedB said:

In two minds about the pause in the build...

On one hand I'll miss the amazing micro engineering...

On the other hand it'll be a nice surprise when it restarts..

I knows it wouldn't be the popular choice chaps but I've had so much kind and continual help already so far on this marathon that I want to be able give it my full attention again after the GB, rather than risk adulterating the final result by trying to do too many things at once.

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

And then to save time and get back to th e Boxcar more quickly, you could just model the fin of the ugly floaty thing as it sinks beneath the waves.....

I'm not convinced that simply posting a photo of a fin on day two of the GB and saying 'done' is quite in keeping with the GB ethos Keith. I could be wrong. Mind you if I painted the fin as well in order to stretch things out to day three...?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Can we give the Baron's floaty things a miss please? :ill:

Say it loud - I'm buoyant and proud!:lol:

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Has he any by-passes he needs to park somewhere for a lightyear or two

I heard you say that in Derek Guyler 's voice. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

...brilliant

phot1208.jpg

The Baron                                                                                 Perdu   

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 4

That's just not right.

Besides, you'll forget all the little detail bits you've learned and will have to relearn them when you come back to it. Ask me how I know......

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 71chally said:

The Baron                                                                                 Perdu   

:lol:

Nasally: Nawwwwsstopmessinabowt.

8 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Besides, you'll forget all the little detail bits you've learned and will have to relearn them when you come back to it.

I feel confident that there are some on here who will not let that happen Ian. The weight of expectation is upon me...:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2