Catching Pictures in the Air

5 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Unless you get some anal retentive person with an endoscope and measuring device...

It's probably the Rioja Simon,  but this is one of the best sentences I've ever read on Britmodeller.

It's the sort of thing one hears at a proctologist's birthday party, but somehow it works perfectly on a C119 thread.

:D

:coat: 

T

• Like 8

Very nice work sorting all that out. And yes, a mm here and there

shouldn't make that much difference when it comes to missing

the windows.

As for the skinning and panel lines, I would urge a look at the

large scale Spitfire being built on here, that should explain in

pictures how it goes.

71 Chally pointed out above that 'Rib' is primarily used

to describe the chordwise structures in a wing. He is of course

correct, and I'd used it as another term for frame merely because

in the past I'd heard it used as such, and I thought it might make

things easier to understand by the audience on here.

So we'd probably just be better sticking to frame & station.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

It's probably the Rioja Simon,  but this is one of the best sentences I've ever read on Britmodeller.

It's the sort of thing one hears at a proctologist's birthday party, but somehow it works perfectly on a C119 thread.

:D

:coat: 

T

Sorry Tony, if I made you spill any of the Vino.

Simon.

• Like 4

Well,the plot to extracate the county set's rendition of this rather fine kit(built in 1986 no less!!!)from it's storage box

and take it's mug-shots was carefully dealt a mortal blow by the management requesting to be chauffered on the

current hunt for black and white "chessboard" flooring for the barthroom here at The Towers.

Be assured my dear Tony,it will happen(I know I have the time,your construction of said flying machine will take weeks.....),

I've got to go up there to snap a Seafire for another modeller in another galaxy(not neccessarily far,far away though)

By way of a measley recompence for the lack of said C-119's mug-shots,might I point your goodself to this?.....:

http://tedtaylor.hobbyvista.com/140-italeri-c-119/page-140-c-119.html

the late great Ted Taylor's original 1985 build of the first release of this kit.

His notes may prove useful.

• Like 2

Just a quick response as by Sunday evening it became clear that both myself and Mrs.B had caught the ghastly ague that our youngest had on Saturday. If synchronized puking ever becomes an Olympic sport then the pair of us are now firmly in the running for at least a bronze....

Simon and TonyTiger: after the last 36 hours I have strong views on the virtues of anal retentiveness...

Pete: 'frame' and 'station' it is.

Miggers: Sorry to hear of the memsahib putting the mockers on the photoshoot, however, grey clouds and all that as the link you sent was superb. I've just had a comforting read throught Ted's stuff. Just wonderful - I have a sudden need to acquire an RM bus as a result....

Cookie: Thanks for that. Hopefully it'll help others in similar straits.

Today is convalesence and sleep. I'm conscious this is page 7 already with very little construction to show, but with the main interior planning now done and Ted Taylor's advice ringing in my ears I hope to get stuck in again by the weekend.

Hope you're all doing ok yourselves!

:bye: Tony

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Yes, get well soon and remember to

shower in bleach every other hour to

stop the spread of this evil Lurgi.

And a good sanding with 80's production paper of any sore "areas"........

5 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Get yourself sorted Tony and your good lady too.

You will know when you are better when you  can let one rip without being on the toilet.

Rest up mate.

Simon.

Thus also avoiding the resultant rollocking from inadvertently leaving "camouflage"in the bowl,the usual after effect

of the abovely mentioned viciously loosed off sonorous blast...........

• Like 4

Sorry to hear your not well Tony, hope you and your good lady feel better very soon!

this whole sickness bug appears to be going round. one of the girls at work rang in sick this morning for the second day in a row, she is a rather reserved lady. When I answer I asked her if it was the same as yesterday, S&D (for any one the can't work that on out its short for sickness and diarrhoea) yes she said, "however it's very much more D&S today" it did make me cuckle (fortunately she didn't... I wouldn't have wanted to listen to the ramifications).

goid luck and get well.

Rob

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

I can't like that you have the dreaded lurgy.:repuke:

hope you get better soon dear boy. 

Ditto!

Nothing to 'like' about it at all!

G.W.S. Tony & Mrs Tony. 

Keith

• Like 2

Thanks for all your thoughts lads - I do hope you're keeping ok yourselves.:thumbsup2:

Thursday was the first day back at work and since then has just been firefighting a backlog of operational tasks, so my apologies for the hiatus with The Big Box on here. I got to mark some plastic up last night for a few minutes however and have a much clearer idea of the floor plan now as a result - expect a post over the weekend. 

'Sonorous blasts'?....:lol: More like a gastric reenactment of Das Boot......

:bye: Tony

• Like 11

2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

'Sonorous blasts'?....:lol: More like a gastric reenactment of Das Boot......

"ALARM! ALARM!"

Glad to see you're back anyway!

Ian

• Like 1

Hope you and your lady (and son) are feeling better.

Drink plenty of water to get rehydrated. I'm a strong advocate of herb tea for recovering from this and many ailments. I know it's not everyone's, erm, cup

of tea :confused: .

All the best 

TonyT

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Hope you and your lady (and son) are feeling better.

Drink plenty of water to get rehydrated. I'm a strong advocate of herb tea for recovering from this and many ailments. I know it's not everyone's, erm, cup

of tea :confused: .

All the best 

TonyT

Tea? What you want is some Pusser's Navy Gunpowder Rum. At 54.5% by volume, if this stuff doesn't send your lurgy packing, it will at least make you forget about it. Last time I drank some, I was half way to Pluto before I realised that I had overshot Mars by 2.335 billion miles! :pardon:

Martian

• Like 8