yorky

I have recently obtained a Veda180 airbrush to practice with.No matter what I do I cannotget it to spra anything including WATER.

The airflow is excellent,I have cleared every hole I can find but,no good.

Have any members any ideas?

I have an H&S for general use.Much obliged,Yorky 

Is the paint delivery control pulling the needle back? The friction control at the back end might be allowing the needle to stay in the forward position if it isn't tight onto the back end of the needle.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.I have just removed the needle stop screw completely and when I pull the trigger all the way back, there is still atiny amount  of the needle showing.

With the pressure at 3bar and just water I get a very faint spray,thatis of course with the needlr cap removed so I can see if the needle protrudes.Should any of the needle be visible in these conditions.

Cheers Yorky 

The pointed end of the needle should be withdrawn into the body of the airbrush when pulled back. The 'stop' is really just to prevent overdoing the paint delivery and could temporarily be adjusted right out of the way while you get yourself sorted out. It does sound as though you have it out of adjustment so that the needle isn't clearing the orifice enough to let any paint through. Is the paint delivery thumb button going fully forward in it's slot when released? If not, it might be clamped onto the back end of the needle too far forward. I'm not au fait with your airbrush but both my ones  are similar in that when the clamp on the needle rear end is slackened, the needle can be pushed from the rear end with a finger so that the needle point is fully into the nozzle and then the clamping finger nut tightened onto it, ensuring correct initial adjustment of the paint delivery control.

You might just have a rogue one though. Stranger things are known.

looking at pictures on t' interweb it looks like your airbrush has a screw valve under the body below the paint reservoir. This is designed to provide extra control over airflow. Check it has not been screwed all the way in. This would restrict airflow, therefore stop paint. I would suggest unscrewing about half way and trying again

Thanks for the reply.I have just removed the needle stop screw completely and when I pull the trigger all the way back, there is still atiny amount  of the needle showing.

With the pressure at 3bar and just water I get a very faint spray,thatis of course with the needlr cap removed so I can see if the needle protrudes.Should any of the needle be visible in these conditions.

Cheers Yorky 

Cheers Yorky 

Thanks again chaps.I have taken your advice the mac valve is fully open,and I have withdrawn the needle further into the body of the airbrush.

I have a 0.3 needle fitted but even with a pressure of 2.5 Bar there is very little paint being sprayed.

I am stumped,Cheers Yorky

Yorky, I think you definitely have a problem. Might be worth your while taking the airbrush into a dealer near you, not sure where you are so can't help further on that. There are several good ones around including a couple on here.

As a rough guide (you may know this already so apologies) a pressure of around 1bar is a good starting point with a max (say) of 1.3bars and a min of around 0.5bars. Certainly 2.5 to 3bar is well over the top. A bar is about 15psi.

Cheers Yorky 

On 10/03/2017 at 5:13 PM, yorky said:

I,m from the West riding but now live in Worksop,so if you can point me to someone who might know more  I would be grateful.

Cheers Yorky 

I use the Airbrush Company in Lancing who are near us but on Britmodeller, there are our own experts who may not have seen your post including Littlecars who are in the traders directory here. Paul on there can usually be depended on to make a positive contribution to airbrush issues, give him a try.

Ah, West Riding !   I'm a Harrogate man myself, a town which has been foisted off to North Yorkshire, darn cheek...

Sorry to put a damper on this,but I had (still have) a Veda 180, which I'd hardly used,except for blowing air as a duster prior to spraying with a "proper" airbrush.In this role it worked fine,then I decided to up the needle to a 0.5mm and replace the nozzle and cap to suit-after that it functioned as yours does-no paint will pass through it,ever. I tried everything,including a complete new set of 0.5mm bits from Bartsharp (who supplied the originals) but have never been able to get it to work. Not even the original bits worked again-I gave up. So you are not alone,and like you I'm a very experienced airbrush user,with several other makes that I have stripped,cleaned and modded over the years with little problem. you might want to talk to Bartsharp,they might know the answer. A pity as it is a well made little brush,and  despite having used Iwata for 20+ years I don't look down on the cheap ones-in fact a couple of Chinese brushes I have have completely replaced the Iwatas,outperfoming them in every way. i have used Veda replacement o rings and needle valves in them too so i know that Veda make some good bits. I wish you luck.....

hth

mtd