Decisions Decisions

cookiezoom

Good afternoon folks

Im having a bit of a dilemma and need advice? 

For chrimbo I got £100 vouchers from Hiroboy, which I intended to use to purchase a Pocher Lambo. Been saving and finally have the funds to get one. Here is my crisis.....they don't sell them anymore. 

So I have £100 of vouchers that I don't know what to do with. 

After looking at Hiroboy site for sometime I have come across two kits that are possibilities. The 1:12 Porsche Carrera GT - 12050 or the 1:12 Ferrari Enzo 12047. But I'm still hooked on the Pocher Lambo. 

Are these other two kits any good? 

Advise needed please

• Like 1

The Enzo was built on here a few years ago and looks to be a very nice kit. Not seen the porsche though. Both the Enzo and porsche are 1/12 and the lambos are 1/8 so I know which I'd go for. 

Shaun 

• Like 1

Shaun I really want the Lambo but what do I do with £100 Hiroboy vouchers. Yeah I could waste it on paint kits I don't want tools I don't need. All I want is the Lambo Nero 

Why not have a chat with Steve Hemmings at Hiroboy and see if he can help in any way. Maybe he could come up with a solution.

Kind regards

Dave 

• Like 1

Hi Dave

I emailed Steve at the weekend and explained my dilemma. He said the Pocher kits are discontinued and the vouchers are not refundable. I have made my mind up, I initially had my heart set on the Lambo and the Lambo it remains. Don't think Steve can help from his email response. But thanks for advice anyway.  

31 minutes ago, colin said:

He has vouchers to redeem and probably not bottomless pockets

He is a she and the vouchers are worthless, she said. She also has a burning desire to own one.

It's all in her postings.

• Like 1

Hi Cookie,

Could you find someone (on here?) who would buy your Hiroboy vouchers at face value so you have the cash to buy the Lambo from somewhere else?

Not me, though, I'm on the wrong side of the planet!

Kev

• Like 1

Hi, I have built both the 1/12 Tamiya Porsche  Carrera GT and the Ferrari Enzo, see below.

Carrera GT

Ferrari Enzo

Out of the two the Porsche is a far superior kit, the fit and detail in my opinion is so much better and the kit is engineered to a much higher standard with quite a few cast metal parts for the chassis.

If you have any more questions please ask.

Best Regards

Keith.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mpfiend said:

If you have any more questions please ask

Thanks Kieth

i see what you mean about the porche. Nice. Do you actually build these kits or are they part made?  

Edited by cookiezoom

6 hours ago, injidup said:

Hi Cookie,

Could you find someone (on here?) who would buy your Hiroboy vouchers at face value so you have the cash to buy the Lambo from somewhere else?

Not me, though, I'm on the wrong side of the planet!

Kev

Morning Kev

Yes I thought of this and this is now my next step. Thanks :D

3 hours ago, cookiezoom said:

Morning Kev

Yes I thought of this and this is now my next step. Thanks :D

Good luck!

And dammit you've made me go and search for the two Tamiya kits. 😎

Luckily I can't afford them.

Edit: Just saw Keith's Carrera. Now I want one!

Edited by injidup
  • Like 2

Well I've made the jump - only gone and got one :yikes: !  Pocher Lamborghini Aventador nero matt/nemsis black 1/8. Please don't anyone tell the husbnd (he he :penguin::D:lol:, he knows don't worry).

Major ask though, if i get stuck on any of the build please can you help me out??

Any advice will be greatly received :jabber:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cookiezoom said:

Thanks Kieth

i see what you mean about the porche. Nice. Do you actually build these kits or are they part made?  

Both the Ferrari and the Porsche were full kits that it built painted and dude called my self, I have attached links to the blogs in my previous post. I think tamiya also released both of these as a masterwork which is fully assembled by tamiya, you just have to fit the wheels and engine cover I believe.

Glad you made a decision and got the Aventador, you won't be disappointed, I have built the orange version and detailed it with the Paul Koo DVD.

look forward to seeing the start of this.

best Regards

Keith.

I second Keith's recommendation of the Paul Koo DVD. It points out problem assembly spots and gives you some good ideas for detailing. You will have a blast with this kit. I built the coupe and look forward to seeing your build! 

Rich

28 minutes ago, cookiezoom said:

Is this available in the U.K.? 

I'm not sure about that, but you can buy it direct from Paul on eBay Here. He is a very reliable seller. I have bought several of his items with out any problems.

Regards

Keith.

• Like 1

Good afternoon

Can someone please tell me what is a super detail up set kit and what is a detail up-set kit? Are they an actual kit or an add on??

Looks like i'll have to use Hiroboy vouchers some how.

http://www.hiroboy.com/112_Honda_RC213V_Repsol_Super_Detail_up_set_for_Tamiya_HD020340--product--10280.html

http://www.hiroboy.com/112_Honda_RC213V_2014_Detailup_Set_for_Tamiya_14130--product--10302.html

I've used Hobby Design detail sets, and they don't always fit well.  

Top Studio also do a super detail set, and you can see exactly what you get.  I've never used Top Studio, so don't know how they fair in the quality stakes though.  Perhaps somebody else here has some personal experience ?

http://www.hiroboy.com/112_Honda_RC213V_2014_Detailup_Set_for_Tamiya_14130--product--10302.html

http://www.topstudiohobby.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1&&product_id=210#.WMFj_RicbR0

You can also download some instructions from their website, but unfortunately not the one for this set.

http://www.topstudiohobby.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

I don't know if that helps or whether it just makes the choice harder.....

• Like 1