Autocar U-7144-T & F-2A Fuel Trailer

Macki

Hi All!

Some pics from my recent project. As you can see, there are a few mishaps i have to correct before i can put on the details on the trailer :unamused:

SDC12134_zpsrugifndx.jpg

SDC12133_zpsiiyrnswg.jpg

SDC12132_zps3gpzjwga.jpg

Does anyone have some photos from the wiring, hosing between truck and trailer? Couldn't find much on the Internet.

Cheers

Macki

• Like 1

Macki,

that is a weird vehicle, quite interesting. I have never seen a truck like this one before. Good luck with the wiring stuff, there must be people here who will be able to help you.

Cheers,

/Stefan

• Like 1

Thank you Stefan and Carius!

HERE are some of the seldom pics of the real thing.

It's 1/87 scale Carius.

And now picture with details and almost ready for paint

SDC12142_zpsbtn7wfmm.jpg

SDC12141_zps0fz5q2ge.jpg

SDC12140_zpssie2apdw.jpg

SDC12139_zpstosfnebb.jpg

Have a good Weekend and happy modelling!

Macki

Edited by Macki
  • Like 1

Nice work indeed, but for those who haven't seen anything like it before  https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Airfix+US+Bomber+support+set&espv=2&tbm=isch&imgil=GEvZs_YKhnuwiM%3A%3B356FjNXB_dlzCM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.aerodrome24.de%252Fen%252Fmilitary-vehicles%252Fairfix-1-72-usaaf-bomber-re-supply-set.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=GEvZs_YKhnuwiM%3A%2C356FjNXB_dlzCM%2C_&usg=__P687ylemR6SfSK_BdZegTUqgWOs%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjN5ejTvMzSAhVHK8AKHaHXCLMQyjcINA&ei=7uPCWM22L8fWgAahr6OYCw&biw=1600&bih=770#imgrc=GEvZs_YKhnuwiM:

I don't think that it gives much help to the question of the wiring/hosing, such things tend to be ignored in the smaller scales.  You may be able to find something in books dedicated to US Army trucks, in particular the Red Ball Express, but that may be wishful thinking.

• Like 1