1/32 Revell Tornado nose weights

Zaphod

I'm in the process of building the first of 3 Tiger Tonka's. This one has an Aries cockpit in it though. Now I know Revell suggest 50g of weight in the nose. The kit has plastic undercarriage. Now because of the resin cockpit if I add the 50g of weight it will put unnecessary weight over the nose wheel. I can't really bring myself to buy the metal undercarriage (read as wifey won't let me, and yes there is a thumb print on my noggin). So how much less should I add? 

Depends how much ordnance you hang off it, and if you sweep the wings. I have one of these in the queue, but with experience of u/c collapse with a 1/48 kit with solid resin Hindenbergs and Paveways, I would recommend you buy SWMBO some flowers, and order a metal set.

As they say, it is easier to seek forgiveness than to seek permission.

• Like 1

Ah - so *that's*  what they mean! I always thought differently - that would explain a lot: 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor flour baking

Conversely, couldn't you drill in the nose gear and insert a thin metal rod? 

Cheers,

Andre 

My GR4 has been sitting on the shelf for 6 years now with every aftermarket resin and photoetch set i could throw at it except metal gear....... not collapsed or shown any sign of collapse so far...  As well as the cockpit i have resin electronic panels and lox bottle panel in there too.

• Like 1

I used Andy's method for my build & it really works well, I also replaced the stub axles for the nose wheel by drilling through & inserting a piece of metal rod. Been taken to a fair few shows & never damaged a leg/wheel yet. Good luck with your build.

Cheers Mac