Ferrari 250 GTO #3505 Brands Hatch 1962

wally7506

I have seen this Ferrari 250 (#3505) with different numbers (15, 76, 20, 30, and 21)

Now I see she had the #137 at Brand's Hatch that year (1962).

What color were the circles on the body?  She had white ones before and after that race, but black at Goodwood at the end of the season.

Where they white at Brand's Hatch?  or Yellow?  or Lt Blue?

TIA

Jonathan

Edited by wally7506
word missing

Nice catch Roy!  #3505 raced TWICE at Brands Hatch in '62.  In August she had the #76 in the white roundel for the Pecos.

But in May she had the number 137 inside a ????? roundel (see pic).  At first blush the roundel looks to be a light color, maybe Yellow or Lt Blue since those were known to be in use in the early 60s.  However, at the Le Mans test (#21) and at Silverstone (#30) the roundels were white .... then white again at Brands Hatch and Le Mans (proper).

I cannot rule white at this point, either.  Although the roundel appears darker than the body color (which is very close to Sky Type S) in b/w photographs it may actually be white.  There are some b/w photos of #3505 from Silverstone where the roundels look darker than white.  However, I viewed some color footage on Youtube that revealed #30 to have white roundels.

As for the earlier Brands Hatch race there were only THREE cars entered:  the Ferrari, a Jaguar E type, and an all white DB4 Zagato.

I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, someone had a color photo of #137 to ease my mind.

Cheers