60s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

17 minutes ago, RMP2 said:

Voted!!

Good man!

Unfortunately we're level 3rd with 5th place snapping at our heels!

Come on the rest of you, go and vote (if you haven't already)

• Like 1

Just to keep you advised of our current status, we are currently 3rd, see here for the latest status.

At the moment there's not an awful lot of difference between 3rd and 10th places and this is before all of the back stabbing, turncoat, low down skulduggery, tactical voting begins in the last week before the poll closes!

If you want this GB to go ahead you have to vote for it, there's something here for everyone on land, sea and air, even the figure modellers can join in this one.

It would be a shame for this GB not to go ahead as we've got the 1950's to cover next.

• Like 2

Well.... if it all goes Pete Tong we could always have a thread "This isnt a GB, oh no, not this" ;)

To put it another way - this is happening, folks, get on it!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Given how much fun we've had over the previous episodes I can guarantee the same again for this one and it'll be well worth your votes ;) 

• Like 3

Right guys, we have suddenly dropped from third to level third with two other GB's, the horse trading and shenanigans have begun!

If you haven't voted, get across to the Poll and vote.

If you have voted, tell your friends get them voting for this GB, let's get this GB through the gate!

• Like 1

Well gang with the best part of five days remaining in the voting we are still in with a good shout but have slipped down the order. Please keep those votes coming over the next few days ;) Think of all the cool stuff going about during the decade we can work on during the GB and fill our workbenches with B)

Subjects already picked :D

All I need is for the GB to be scheduled when I'm free to participate (end of May to the beginning of October), but I appreciate this GB is not about me.

Still, it would be nice to see an Armée de l'Air F-100 alongside an SMB-2 Super Mystére

• Like 1

Hmmm, cool.

Lightning and/or Hunter for me I suspect, cant remember if I stated anything before. Not very adventurous, but thats me bag innit. :)

Mind you, I spy a Sea Vixen and a Buccaneer in the stash behind me... will look at options.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Hmmm, cool.

Lightning and/or Hunter for me I suspect, cant remember if I stated anything before. Not very adventurous, but thats me bag innit. :)

Mind you, I spy a Sea Vixen and a Buccaneer in the stash behind me... will look at options.

Any or, to steal Enzo's normal encouragement, all of the above sound grand to me :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have an official date gang :D 

28th July to 18th November

Plenty time to clear the bench and get subjects selected

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I really like the looks of the AZ Model Mig-17PF.  Does anyone know if the Czechoslovak version is 1960s vintage?

The MiG-17PF would have been their front-line fighter during the early to mid-60s until replaced by the -21 :) 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Can I build a Dragonfly?  Does that count?

11 hours ago, Wez said:

Which Dragonfly, what markings?

11 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Sorry...I just checked.  My Academy A-37B kit is from 1970...

Thanks

Seems you lads got this sorted out in my absence. Thanks again @Wez

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Seems you lads got this sorted out in my absence. Thanks again @Wez

Only out of curiosity, a Westland Dragonfly was a possibility in which case what kit?  As for A-37 Dragonflies, I didn't think any had been deployed to Europe during the 60's...

On 23/12/2017 at 8:53 AM, Wez said:

Only out of curiosity, a Westland Dragonfly was a possibility in which case what kit?

Didn't know we had a choice of kits on the subject. I'm away for a search on the internet...