Defiant wing tip lights

Seawinder

Hoping not to muddy the waters for you, but looking in "Camouflage and Markings" no 8, all the photo's are B&W, but the majority show clear lenses in any view where the background is light ( so assume light is travelling through a clear lens). Only exceptions are L7012, stated as 62nd production machine and N1535 which look to be very much as if they have coloured lenses.

Hi all. Thanks for the information. Sounds as though one could go either way, but I'll probably keep the lenses clear and drill for colored bulbs. A friend of mine in my local club just built one and said the fit of all the clear parts was amazingly good.

Bet they are a better fit than the ones in the Classic Airframes kit I finished last year ( there weren't any- had to make them). Having built the CA Defiant and the CA Meteor for IPMS Avons display at Telford last year, Airfix then released both as new kits - just my luck!

Sorry Graham, too busy with a Monogram p-80 in 1/48th ( rescribe, fill , rescribe ) sure you get the picture. Maybe someone will then release one without the " dumbo ears" intakes that HobbyBoss produced!

Lined up behind that after a break maybe on something a little easier is an Italeri U2 also in 1/48th ( more sanding and scribing of an entire kit).