1/12 Tamiya Yamaha RZ/RD350 Valentino Rossi

Hi guys, I did some work on the Yamaha over the weekend. I have made the racing speed blocks on the bodywork with Tamiya Fine Line tape and lacquered them in. I still have some fine detail black lines to add to the front mudguard and a general tidy up of all the parts. The decal sets arrived today, so I can pick a few of the Yamaha badges and tuning fork logos to add to the paintwork. I hope to have the painting finished this week.

pff2i0X.jpg
tqocHBe.jpg
mw2TFnY.jpg
Spee5Up.jpg
U91yTe1.jpg
QKU7IWH.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 3

Hi guys, well I got the paintwork all finished yesterday on the Yamaha. Here are a few pics of the bodywork loosely attached to the bike. Now just for the hell of it, I have bought a 1/12 prone rider kit which I will modify to fit the bike and paint up to represent Valentino Rossi. The decals should all fit I think, so here goes. Wish me luck!

ZebjpAy.jpg
PfkvvMY.jpg
aI85S1I.jpg
21SMAzU.jpg
d3OobSi.jpg
r0Nzf6L.jpg
sUkwJj1.jpg
4Fqwy9a.jpg
6cHsjfw.jpg
XZQT857.jpg
9Kg6ZlI.jpg
oa3sALO.jpg
W853s1G.jpg
QTnBJLm.jpg
eU5APrA.jpg
CRxgbOs.jpg
qTGsWWJ.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 2

I had to go up into the roof today to get a box for some speakers I'm selling, and found my old bike models. Here is the RD350LC that I made over 20 years ago, painted to look just like my real bike. Must get it cleaned up and repainted. Also need to find the photos of it. 

IMG_9349_zpsnisjrpwb.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, injidup said:

I had to go up into the roof today to get a box for some speakers I'm selling, and found my old bike models. Here is the RD350LC that I made over 20 years ago, painted to look just like my real bike. Must get it cleaned up and repainted. Also need to find the photos of it. 

IMG_9349_zpsnisjrpwb.jpg

Great looking LC !

Thanks, Lee!

Wish I could remember where the photos of the real thing are!

it was a 1980 model that I bought when I lived in Holland, and I put later model carbs and exhausts on it as the early LCs ran badly. Managed to get new Yamaha exhausts from the dealer Croydon and took them back to Holland on the plane! Wish I still had it. 😢

• Like 1

Hi all, just a few photos of the Yamaha build, I have fitted the footrests and handlebars on to the bike in order to begin assembling the rider. In order for him to sit correctly on the bike I had to perform some modifications to his arms and torso. By using epoxy sculpt I also made him a back protector, knee sliders, elbow pads and added an aerofoil to the rear of his helmet that now needs sanding and blending in to get the correct shape.

PGHuYH7.jpg
a6lC3H2.jpg
ehuAPlM.jpg
LekJOQI.jpg
m31t2Om.jpg
Vnw3Nus.jpg
9ugGqPe.jpg
eGgT0pR.jpg
YHwIr9M.jpg
e0UlNJZ.jpg
yKuvJck.jpg
AkVFp7t.jpg
n9LPoGd.jpg
SZjrkRs.jpg
9hFzaUT.jpg
BHkfLRd.jpg
ZUSftxz.jpg
OTSujC9.jpg
c3YaN6D.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers

Hi fellow modellers, here are some pictures of the Yamaha rider now with a black basecoat and 2k lacquer coat, ready for all of the decals that need to be added to a black background. After another clear coat I will mask up and add the white and yellow panels and get the final decals added.

sYQ5SCs.jpg
ydEQ5ll.jpg
AnYskVP.jpg
qTQwTru.jpg
bV3PvKd.jpg
zXcycmd.jpg
4WFKzX5.jpg
iyZIdOB.jpg
vu4TfV9.jpg
aFN6nlo.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers

• Lee Chambers changed the title to 1/12 Tamiya Yamaha RZ/RD350 Valentino Rossi