Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. (Lancaster Finished)

Well here it is, my first WIP thread, this is an old kit I picked up on Gumtree for the Princely sum of £15.00, Supermarine Spitfire Mk11a, Hawker Hurricane Mk 11c and The Avro Lancaster B Mk1,

The Lancaster will be the first to be done, in the guise of "The Phantom of The Rhur", followed by the Hurricane then the Spitfire.

Going to try and use the paints provided but if their no good by now as in "Aged" I'll buy new ones.

Just washed all the sprues ready to start once dry, so time for a cup of tea then I'll crack on with the build.

b1_zpsne7x46fl.jpg

b2_zpsgspyjuy6.jpg

b3_zpsesqfhwsj.jpg

And the real thing, Aint she lovely!

9f605c8dc1c81ac9b28bd5e844ffb1ac_zpsal8z

Edited by allyby
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks folks!

All buttoned up now, what a carry on putting on the Bomb bay doors but managed to get it eventually, Prop Assembly done and safely put away for now, might even give the main body its first coat of paint today, but first I'll make a start on the engine assembly and undercarriage.

DSCN2337_zps9zs3ok6h.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work,but do the BBMF really swan about with a cookie and half a dozen five hundred pounders tucked up

cozilly in PA's bomb bay?

Best get the "Battle Bowlers" at the ready when I see her display in the summer eh what.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Miggers said:

Nice work,but do the BBMF really swan about with a cookie and half a dozen five hundred pounders tucked up

cozilly in PA's bomb bay?

Best get the "Battle Bowlers" at the ready when I see her display in the summer eh what.

I wanted to fly this one over Glasgow!!!! Kaboom!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mancunian airman said:

Youre making good progress on this . . 

Is it to be the wartime Phantom or the BBMF version ??

Wartime, bomb bays are fitted so too late to change my mind now.

• Like 1

Got the hairy stick out and managed to slodge some paint on today, I dropped it yesterday putting the wings on and a bomb bay door came flying off but it was an easy repair.

DSCN2347%202_zpsxqqamhbn.jpg

• Like 2

Managed to put some decals on today, as tempting as it is to continue I'll take the cowards way out and let these dry properly overnight before carrying on with them, all done for the day so time for a beer.

DSCN2393_zpsnxuw15r9.jpg

DSCN2390_zpsgmjzccis.jpg

• Like 3

All done, I'll put this thread to bed for a while as my next attempt will be the HMS Hood, all in all an enjoyable build with a couple of mishaps on the way but I managed to overcome them, The Spit and Hurricane will be built at a later date.

lanc2_zpskz7uxwz1.jpg

lanc3_zpsz3vl1gpp.jpg

lanc6_zpsx0beu99x.jpg

lanc5_zpskqkuekjb.jpg

lanc4_zpshso9sida.jpg

Edited by allyby
  • Like 6