1:144 Embraer 195. Aurigny

Revell 1:144  Embraer 195

Two Six Decals 'Aurigny'.

a5.jpg

In service since 2005, the Embraer 195 is the largest version of the E series of narrow body regional jetliners produced by the Embraer Company of Brazil. The Revell kit was released about a year ago and I finally got around to building it. A discussion on civil forum of this site revealed that several people had copies of the kit with sink marks affecting the mouldings. My kit was fine, apart from a little bit on the jet intakes which was easily filled. Revell have now corrected the problem from what I can see on other discussion boards.

It builds up very nicely with a complete cockpit, which is unusual for airliners in this scale.

I rather like the Aurigny scheme, so got a set of 26 Decals to replace the kits 'Air Dolomiti' scheme. As always, the 26 Decals went on beautifully and settled down perfectly.

a1.jpg

a3a.jpg

a4.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a8.jpg

a7.jpg

Easy decision for the 'With something else' pic, the F-rsin kit of the ATR 72 also in Aurigny colours.

a9.jpg

a10.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 34

They're really nice John. The Revell kit builds up into a neat little model and looks smart in the Aurigny livery. 

I've thought about finishing mine in that scheme too but, like Dave, that fade between the yellow and white has put me off. Any tips John?

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Gorgeous John - you really must have a great airline fleet now!

Any WW1 birds coming up on your to do list?  I've just pre ordered a WNW Le Rhone Camel today ...........

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Hi John

Very very nice, I like this a lot, I would like to do one the same, I have to still get a kit and the decals though, and OTHER more important modelling needs keep getting in the way.....

In fact I like bot of them, so I do not mind if you want to mail them up to Scotland for me....I will look after them........promise!!!!!

Ali

• Like 1

Cracking work on what looks a difficult livery, both look superb in that scheme, well done :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!

I'll try and answer the questons;

On 3/5/2017 at 8:06 PM, Turbofan said:

They're really nice John. The Revell kit builds up into a neat little model and looks smart in the Aurigny livery. 

I've thought about finishing mine in that scheme too but, like Dave, that fade between the yellow and white has put me off. Any tips John?

Cheers,

Ian

On 3/6/2017 at 4:59 PM, Timo said:

Hi John

That's a really fantastic finish - please, please share your secrets for painting the yellow to white fade.

Cheers

Tim

Ian & Tim, I rolled a sauage of blu-tac about 5mm diameter, and attached it as a ring around the white painted fuselage just ahead of where I wanted the yellow to start.I spent a little while getting it exactly straight when viewed from above, below, and both sides. I then put a bit of tape on the forward edge of it, i.e. from the ring towards the cockpit.to protect the white paint. It was then airbrushed with yellow at an angle of about 60 degress with the airbrush facing towards the tail. It gives a fairly wide ;fade, I just sprayed, increasing or decreasing the angle of spray to get the effect I wanted.

I removed the 'ring' and tape, and when dry re-attached it, this time with tape to mask the yellow area previously done, and sprayed white with the airbrush facing fowards towards the front of the plane. I.e. I started with a white fuselage then sprayed the yellow fade, and later a bit of white from the other direction. It is harder to describe than to do!

23 hours ago, buzz said:

Lovely job.  What did you use for the yellow? 

Buzz, it is Tamiya X8 Yellow made a bit 'oranger' with some X7 Red. I mixed it in an empty, cleaned out, Tamiya jar so that I had enough for later patching if neccesary. I just eyeballed the colour from photos on airliners.net

On 3/5/2017 at 10:39 PM, Epeeman said:

Any WW1 birds coming up on your to do list?  I've just pre ordered a WNW Le Rhone Camel today ...........

Ceratainly have Dave, I've got a 'Work in Progress' thread on the AEG G.IV,  I'm also eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Camels!

Thanks again for the comments,

John

• Like 1

Another ace build there John.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

...and an extra one for the "with something else" shots - inspirational to say the least !

:thumbsup2:

I always come away from these with the feeling that I must try harder.

mike

P.S. Glad to see that your foray into WW1 stuff hasn't tarnished your skills on the the civvie stuff !

• Like 1