Ka-6d wing leading edge colour

almac

As the tiitle says I am looking for advice on the colour of the wing leading edge on the Ka-6d. I plan to build the Fujimi kit and have a set of Almark decals such include several colour pics of the plane which show a kind of sandy/yellow leading edge. I have searched the web but I could not find an answer Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers Allan

Same type of tape used here:

Mk56.jpg

And used on the leading edges (some) of the pylons as well:

Mk52.jpg

I don't know the "rhyme nor reason" for tape on the leading edges of the pylons, as can be seen in the photos, not all pylons had it.

http://s20.photobucket.com/user/DDonSS3/library/P-3 Weps

• Like 1

On Sunday, March 05, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Don McIntyre said:

Same type of tape used here:

Mk56.jpg

And used on the leading edges (some) of the pylons as well:

Mk52.jpg

I don't know the "rhyme nor reason" for tape on the leading edges of the pylons, as can be seen in the photos, not all pylons had it.

http://s20.photobucket.com/user/DDonSS3/library/P-3 Weps

It is to avoid erosion fron dust and sand

When I was flying we weren't really involved in doing a lot of flying in the sandbox. However weather, sea spray (you'd be surprised at how much salt spray you get on an aircraft at a couple of hundred feet) and other issues could cause issues. My comment was more about why it was used on some pylons but not all. The pylons were rarely (if ever) removed from aircraft in operational service, so I don't see why some would have the tape but others didn't. 

12 hours ago, Don McIntyre said:

The pylons were rarely (if ever) removed from aircraft in operational service, so I don't see why some would have the tape but others didn't.

Perhaps just the tape was removed when worn out / eroded, rather than the complete pylons?

Cheers,

Andre