Su-33 Flanker D // Zvezda // 1:72

My Russian language is rather poor, but I can not find any words regarding Mr. Paints colours there.
I believe AKAN paints have proper hues, but I think the same is with Mr. Paints, and also I like to use it, because there are as excellent as Gunze or Tamiya products.

Just now, Solo said:

and also I like to use it, because there are as excellent as Gunze or Tamiya products.

I agree with you, but it's companies not manufactures soviet (russian) colours.;)

• Like 1

That is true, that is why I am talking about Mr. Paint.

This company manufactures many colours designed for models of russian jets and I do believe that their colours for Su-33 are really proper ones.

Superb model.

Can't belive how the thread has got hijacked into whos' paints are the best, and taking away from what is a really stunning build and finish, it's not even that much of a problem in my eyes, they look close enough to me compaired with the photos

• Like 3

On 08.03.2017 at 1:17 AM, Solo said:

This company manufactures many colours designed for models of russian jets and I do believe that their colours for Su-33 are really proper ones.

Your right! :)

• Like 1

A great build Solo.

I would love to see a WIP of yours to learn to achieve the metallic effect in the exhaust... it is superb.

...I thin is important to keep in mind -when it comes to colours- that what Solo is seeing in front of him is different to what his camera is capturing

and is different to what I`m seeing in my screen and is different to what Igor (IGKent) is seeing in his screen and is different to what... You get it...

... as modellers We have to be careful when we pick on the colours and even more careful when we pick on the shades... display settings are evil...

My 2p

Top modelling there mate.

Adrian

• Like 1

Regarding the engine exhausts (engine cowlings were more complicated to paint), you can find everything step by step in my work in progres here:

I used white metallic base, oil paints, some hot metal Alclads and jet exhaust also from Alclad.
Everything were been faded to darker shades with Mr. Paint' graphite metallic.

• Like 2

On 05/03/2017 at 8:54 PM, Scimitar said:

Very nice indeed.

I especially like the metal effect on the engine areas

Echoing what Scimitar said.

Great effects.

Tony

• Like 1

On ‎17‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 6:30 PM, NazarovVladimir said:

Very nice and high quality, but very dark colors of camouflage ...
Believe me, I saw this plane alive not once or twice ...

I would say: too intensive colours.
I tried to find proper mixes of Gunze paints, so that is the result...

16 hours ago, Solo said:

I would say: too intensive colours.
I tried to find proper mixes of Gunze paints, so that is the result...

Well, maybe you can say that. Too saturated colors ..

But this plane was almost 20 years ago. Photographed by my father, with Su-25UTG.

16519931_m.jpg