Jet Provost T4 XR679 G-BWGT the 1996 spotty one

Hi 

Currently making a model of G-BWGT, I'm at the stage of adding the spots but have very little reference of the upper and lower surfaces...

544245.jpg

From airport data Website  http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/000544245.html

Im trying to find any pics of this JP in 1996 in civilian hands when it wore lots of coloured spots over its original Brawdy grey paint. Ive exhausted the internet of all it currently has to offer and lots lots of good side views but I'm now looking for top and bottom surface views, the internet has a some very grainy low res ones with some blur but nothing of any real detail. 

Has anyone got anything taken at the airshows that may show the markings, think there may also have been a large orange or red arrow under the rear fuselage but cant be certain.

33206771466_d56575f885_c.jpg

Hoping someone can help.

Many thanks.

Mark

• Like 2

I have just checked out my slides of this aircraft and on the one flying shot, I can see it has NO spots under the underside of the wings, only the reg G-BWGT in large black letters. Regret I have no shot showing the topside, but the spots come right to the edge of the front of the wings.

Looking at the image above, there does appear to be yellow spots on the undercarriage doors.

If you type in the registration into Google, you'll get a link to www.abpic.co.uk, which has an underside shot which whilst not being crystal clear, it does give some indication of the underside. Scrolling further down, there is a low angled shot of the upper wing.

Not much help, I know, but food for thought.

Thanks for checking AMB and  thanks for your replies chaps, 

What I have so far regarding the upper and lower surfaces are these 2 pics.

The only semi decent pic of the underside I have found is this one https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1387810

Shows the spots on the gear doors as mentioned by cngaero but also shows what appears to be a large red arrow under the rear fuselage. this doesn't show on any other pics so searching for better pics of this.

For the upper surface I only have this scanned from the Sept 1996 Aircraft illustrated magazine.

33103846582_a151c8401c_z.jpg

This pic is good but hides most of the left horizontal tail and some of the inboard left wing these are the areas I'm still looking to find pics of too.

Best regards

Mark

CT

On 05/03/2017 at 10:44 AM, Britman said:

Who knows that it might be wrong? I do not think that scheme adheres  to any strict pattern does it? 

Very true it seemed to vary slightly from picture to picture over time some spots were lost while others were gained, generally more were gained than lost. just want to clarify those hidden areas before I take a guess then seal them in with clear coat only to find a pic at a later date.

About to start the left side still pleading if anyone has any more pics.

33360828206_c3e021e5fd_b.jpg

Thanks

Mark

CT

• Like 1

On 04/03/2017 at 11:34 PM, AMB said:

I have just checked out my slides of this aircraft and on the one flying shot, I can see it has NO spots under the underside of the wings, only the reg G-BWGT in large black letters. Regret I have no shot showing the topside, but the spots come right to the edge of the front of the wings.

Adrian, did your pic have a large arrow painted underneath?

To be honest Steve there isnt much to this one, its a basic off the shelf Airfix JP3/4 build painted medium sea grey and barley grey. a couple of inkjet decals and the rest is just cutting lots of spots,  big ones on the silhouette cutter from block colour decal stock and all the smaller ones punched out. Didn't think it was worthy of a full WIP.

Have too many WIP threads open at the moment with none of them getting any closer too be finished seems to be a theme going for me in way of CT+WIP=stalledbuildnevergettingfinishedbutwithgoodintentions:P, Not sure BM will tolerate me opening another thread, I'll make up for it with a RFI thread in the near future though. Might even bring it to Cosford. You going this year?

Mark

• Like 1