Aeronautica Macchi M.C.205V Veltro

Hi.

This is my C.205V Veltro (italian kind of Greyhound) MM.92219 of 1° Squadriglia (Squadron) 1° Gruppo Caccia (Fighter Group) of A.N.R. in March 1944.

I built it OOB with Tauro Model decals using the Hasegawa 1/48 kit and adding only the seat belts and the antenna wire.

This was the first Macchi receiving the three-tone German grey scheme. Quite unusually, this was the only aircraft receiving white upper wing fasces, as far as all subsequent machines invariably had them painted black.

33093997825_30de4afc04_c.jpgVeltro IMG_1453, su Flickr

32711991960_36214263e0_c.jpgVeltro IMG_1454, su Flickr

32937982522_4cae223625_c.jpgVeltro IMG_1457, su Flickr

33052299746_68370b2c24_c.jpgVeltro IMG_1458, su Flickr

33052297346_b7def9ab58_c.jpgVeltro IMG_1459, su Flickr

Thanks for viewing. Ciao.

Davide

Edited by davmarx
  • Like 22

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

That's really nice, I built the same subject in 1/32 scale and very attractive it is too.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks a lot, Dennis.

Did you build the Pacific Coast kit ? I've their C.202, has the C.205 the same nose problems as the C.202 ?

No this one was the 21st Century kit, I also have their C202 and a PCM C202, I did build the PCM G55 which did turn out nice in the end.

The 21st Century kit turned out really well I had to do some tweaking though, the worst bits were the main wheels and the spinner, and the upper wing markings in the kit were black so black they ended up.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, spitfire said:

No this one was the 21st Century kit, I also have their C202 and a PCM C202, I did build the PCM G55 which did turn out nice in the end. ...

:yes:  :thanks:

I've the PCM Macchi C.202, Fiat G.55 and IMHO the most beautiful italian fighter, the Reggiane Re.2005

Thanks for the link to your Macchi too.

Ciao.

Davide

That is a beautiful made kit, and coincidentally today I just finished decalling my 21st Century Toys 1/32 version of the exact same airframe.  I didn't realise about the wing markings, shame my kit only came with the standard black ones.  I think these aircraft really suit the Luftwaffe grey scheme.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Notty said:

That is a beautiful made kit, and coincidentally today I just finished decalling my 21st Century Toys 1/32 version of the exact same airframe.  I didn't realise about the wing markings, shame my kit only came with the standard black ones.  I think these aircraft really suit the Luftwaffe grey scheme.

Hi Notty.

Here there are 4 pictures of the aircraft, the first 4 from the top, with a few notes in English too, if you are interested about it.  :D

Ciao.

Davide

Edited by davmarx
  • Like 1

Lovely job.  The paintwork is superb.  I think the Veltro is a very handsome aeroplane.  I have never seen those white fasces before.  They look rather good against that grey.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2017 at 22:11, Enrywar67 said:

Hi Davide....beautiful model!!Compliment!;)

P.s....della serie "chi non more se rivede"!

Hi Enrico, nice to meet you here on BM. :D

Ciao Enrico, che bello trovarti anche qui su BM.

Did you miss Verona last w/e? What a pity, I hoped to meet you again.

Non sei potuto passare a Verona lo scorso fine settimana? Che peccato, speravo di incontrarti nuovamente.

One more time thanks everybody...  :thanks:

Ciao.

Davide