AMX-30B on the way !!

You say they used mud for camo, but what happens when it rains?  A unique idea and you've captured the look very well with the textured acrylics.

So now you muddy up the suspension and it should look great with different toned mud on the....mud.

Great job so far and those Fruil tracks do set it off just right, the final touch, wish I could afford to import them from the good old U.S. of A as I wanted a set for a King Tiger but Cdn$75 plus freight is too rich.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

You say they used mud for camo, but what happens when it rains?  A unique idea and you've captured the look very well with the textured acrylics.

So now you muddy up the suspension and it should look great with different toned mud on the....mud.

Great job so far and those Fruil tracks do set it off just right, the final touch, wish I could afford to import them from the good old U.S. of A as I wanted a set for a King Tiger but Cdn$75 plus freight is too rich.

Take care,

Lloyd

Hello Lloyd,

good question about rain on mud :huh: ... on the basis of photographic evidence, I think mud camo was only used when the weather was dry, just because when the terrain is wet and muddy, mud splatters automatically build a disruptive camo pattern !!

About differenciated tones of mud on the undercarriage ... I had that same reflexion and studied many photos of french tanks in the chalky plain of Champagne and on all the photos, the mud is very uniform, no variations of tones.

And finally, about Friul tracks ... I like them a lot as they are very realistic, add weight to the model (I know, it's purely subjective ...) and are not too expensive here in Europe B) 

Cheers, E

41 minutes ago, Etienne said:

wish I could afford to import them from the good old U.S. of A as I wanted a set for a King Tiger but Cdn$75 plus freight is too rich.

Lloyd, try contacting Fruilmodel direct. I've found that it's cheaper to get them direct from Fruilmodel than it is from dealers. Worth a try.

John.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello gents,

some pics of the AMX-30 after the installation of the aerial and further dusting ... next step will be to shoot better photos :huh:

img_0482.jpg
img_0483.jpg

E

• Like 4

It's looking very good Etienne. The more I've watched this build, the more inclined I am to get my AMX-30 out of the stash. I have two, the Daguet one from Meng and the Heller one. Guess which one it'll be.

John.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

It's looking very good Etienne. The more I've watched this build, the more inclined I am to get my AMX-30 out of the stash. I have two, the Daguet one from Meng and the Heller one. Guess which one it'll be.

John.

The Meng version is far more detailed even if the Heller's one is more accurate dimensionwise ;) ... a Daguet version on the way ?

This week I bought for a very good price a resin conversion to build a AMX-30 D, the ARV version of the AMX-30 ... don't know when I'll build it but I'm very excited ;)

Cheers, E

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Knjaz said:

Hi. How did you paint this camo? By brush, aero? 

Regards 

Hello, the camo was painted by brush, just like in the real world, to simulate the improvised mud camo used by french troops training in eastern France ;)

I used a mix of acrylic paint and pigments to give a bit of texture, like dry mud.

E

12 hours ago, Etienne said:

The Meng version is far more detailed even if the Heller's one is more accurate dimensionwise ;) ... a Daguet version on the way ?

This week I bought for a very good price a resin conversion to build a AMX-30 D, the ARV version of the AMX-30 ... don't know when I'll build it but I'm very excited ;)

Even though the Meng kit is a Daguet version, I'll probably build it as a standard B2. Along with the Heller kit, I have the Azimut Daguet conversion, as well as a set of Fuilmodel tracks, plus I can use the unused parts from the Meng kit on the Heller build.

I know how you like AMX-30's and the variants, so what do you think of this?  http://www.network54.com/Forum/527528/message/1491166740/AMX+30+EBG+finished

John.

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Even though the Meng kit is a Daguet version, I'll probably build it as a standard B2. Along with the Heller kit, I have the Azimut Daguet conversion, as well as a set of Fuilmodel tracks, plus I can use the unused parts from the Meng kit on the Heller build.

I know how you like AMX-30's and the variants, so what do you think of this?  http://www.network54.com/Forum/527528/message/1491166740/AMX+30+EBG+finished

John.

John, if you have the Azimut conversion, just use it ... should give a nice B2 with 3-tones camo !!

About the Master Fighter's EBG, it's the engineer's version of the AMX-30 ... that shares the same plateform with the AMX-30D reconvery version, minus the crane and cupola that are specific.

I guess it's 1/48th scale but still very nice ;)

E

• Like 1