AMX-30B on the way !!

For those who don't know AMX-30s ... it was a rather small tank, here are some photos for comparison with the CV90, a rather big IFV and the Challenger 2 B)

img_0447.jpg
img_0448.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 2

Hello,

after the decal's session, there are few of them as most markings are hidden under the camo, I applied the field camouflage made of chalky mud from the plain of Champagne and no, I didn't drink the famous wine during the session !! ;)

At that time, the French army hadn't the NATO 3-tones camo and this was the simplest way to create a disruptive pattern ... this specific feature was mainly used by the 501 RCC, and some other cavalry units did the same.

Here is the result, I mixed acrylic paint with pigments to give the mud a texture ... 

img_0450.jpg
img_0454.jpg
img_0453.jpg
img_0451.jpg
img_0449.jpg

... and to finish this modelling week end, I assembled the Friul tracks, very nice !!

img_0452.jpg

Cheers, E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 6

That's an interesting cammo application that I've not seen before.

The tracks look good. I've got a set of those that I bought for the Heller kit. I suspect that they are not the only AM products that I am going to need for that build.

John. 

On 24/03/2017 at 6:44 AM, Gremlin56 said:

Friul's are always a great upgrade to model tanks, nothing else can match the realistic hang/sag that they have. :thumbsup:

I do not agree, there's a number  of MBT where you can easily avoid a 20/25£ expense because the tracks usually shows no sagging, or just because the sagging is hidden behind the side squirts.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Antoine said:

I do not agree, there's a number  of MBT where you can easily avoid a 20/25£ expense because the tracks usually shows no sagging, or just because the sagging is hidden behind the side squirts.

:thumbsup2:

2 hours ago, Antoine said:

I'd say that metal tracks aren't mandatory but indy links are, in my opinion of course :mellow: ... just because so much efforts to build a realistic tank are instantaneously ruined by vinyl tracks ...

For live tracks, metal tracks are even less realistic and don't worth the price ... in that case, plastic workable tracks are a must.

E

4 hours ago, Etienne said:

I'd say that metal tracks aren't mandatory but indy links are, in my opinion of course :mellow: ... just because so much efforts to build a realistic tank are instantaneously ruined by vinyl tracks ...

An M1, a Leo or a Leclerc are just fine with vinyl tracks