This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
spfparker

Seattle, Portland and San Francisco

Hi All

Looking for some hints and tips re-model shops and places to visit when we drive down from Seattle to San Fran in the summer for our hols.  Have identified a trip to the Boeing factory and also a couple of other aviation museums in Seattle and also the Spruce Goose on the way down but any other recomendations would be appreciated :).  Have to  pick the best of the museums as havng the family with me I won't be able to go to them all!! ;)

Steve

for info - Skyway model shop in Seattle - is amazing - probably the best I have ever visited.   Stocked to the rafters with kits and accessories. New and second hand.

Having just been to the Evergreen Museum in McMinnville, I can HIGHLY recommend it! Also, there is a waterslide park on the property for the rest of the family to enjoy while you are goggling the Spruce Goose - the slides begin INSIDE a 747....! So that might buy you another aviation museum visit.....

Posted (edited)

In Portland, make sure to visit Powell's City of Books - claimed to be the world's largest bookstore and I don't doubt it! Stocked with both new and used books, it is an amazing place if you like books - within their military books room, they even have a whole section dedicated to British Military Aviation books...........and Luftwaffe, USAF, etc.., etc., etc......

Edited by Paul Bradley
Grammar...