Antonov AN-22 Antei Camouflage Scheme

xvtonker

Having been lucky enough to get hold of the 1/144 Eastern Express Antonov AN-22 Antei kit on a recent trip to the USA. I am now planning to build it & finish it in the camouflaged finish carried by aircraft RA-09309 however, I can't find any details of the overall camouflage scheme or the correct colours.

an_22_l5.jpg

The simple question is, can anybody help please??

Thanks in anticipation

XVTonker  :pilot:

• Like 1

Why not contact AKAN? They make paints for the Soviet VVS, IA-PVO Strany, Army, and now Russian AF, Army, etc. models(other AFs, and armies, too). They might be able to tell you which of their range are the correct(or, real close) colors for your An-22. They might even be able to help with the scheme as well(no guarantee there, though).

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:53 AM, Flankerman said:

Note that when modelling the camo'd An-22, it is fitted with a chaff/flare box on the top of each sponson - as shown in my photos in the Walkround section.

Kem

Thanks for that Kem, I would have missed that.

XVTonker

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:28 AM, JPuente54 said:

Why not contact AKAN? They make paints for the Soviet VVS, IA-PVO Strany, Army, and now Russian AF, Army, etc. models(other AFs, and armies, too). They might be able to tell you which of their range are the correct(or, real close) colors for your An-22. They might even be able to help with the scheme as well(no guarantee there, though).

It's certainly worth a try.

They can only say no after all....

XVTonker

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:30 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

I believe that the Amodel 1/72 scale kit has the camouflage scheme info on the assembly instructions, but the only copy I've found is very low resolution.

I also like the Antonov Airlines scheme, but really want to do the military variant..

XVTonker

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:11 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

Have you seen this?

What at a great machine and for anyone lucky enough to have hung around at the end of Farnborough that was the best "display" of the day! It was actually to bring in spares for an AOG aircraft.

try these too ......

I hope you cranked up the volume! ;). Can you imagine stand along side a runway like that now? It is open house in the former GDR in those days!

A real aeroplane! Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

• 3 weeks later...