Vinyl tube in Tamiya kits, need some advice.

Can someone tell me the best way to get the vinyl tubes for Tamiya Bikes to stick? I tried Tamiya extra thin, Revell Professional stuff, thin super glue and medium super glue but they never seem to stay put. It's driving me nuts. Anyone have any advice on this?

I find the vinyl tubes supplied to be too glossy. I usually use shrink tube and thread a lead wire inside so that it doesn't knink.

If using the Tamiya tubes, superglue works fine as long as connecting plastic part is not painted.

Regards,

Jeremy

morning all, i use a large pinwith a long tapered point,i hold tube between thumb and finger to warm tube thenpush pin in twisting it gently untill the end bells out to bigger than nipple,add a drop of superglue(i use power bond 806 also good for fixing protar metal frames) remove from pin and push onto nipple and hold fof a few seconds,if the nipple is missing i glue in a piece of thin wire the glue into a pre drilled hole,works every time.btw in theRANGE yesterday browsing the craft section,on the jewllery section i found 1mm CRYSTAL looks like clear petrol pipe but it's solid (no hole) but it still fixes with superglue, 1mm BLACK THONGING? which looks like hose lines when painted silver also no hole, something else which can be used in modeling,

willie

If you're still struggling, cut the plastic pin off the part. Get some brass wire just thin enough to go up the black tube. Cut off a short length and sand it. 

Drill a suitable sized hole hole where you cut the plastic pin from, superglue it in place, then superglue the tube over it. 

As a bonus, you can bend the brass wire to get the tube to lead out in the right direction. 

Throw it in the bin and find something more to scale and with the proper appearance.

Removing the pin and drilling , using a wire strand to shape , sanding the outside of the tube and using epoxy is proper advice.

IMG_0634_zpserilloie.jpg

IMG_0633_zpsevpfhopo.jpg

Edited by krow113