Hello From Montrose, Scotland

Des

Hi ,

I have been lurking in the shadows for a long . long time before eventually deciding to join.

I am almost officially ancient for which HM Government will start to pay me to be later this year and have been modelling since my age was in single figures although I do not usually get as much glue on models now as I used to but still brush paint.

Was born , brought up and spent most of my life in the Falkirk area of Central Scotland and moved to Montrose on the coast of north-east Angus about twenty years ago.

My interests tend to be mainly Post-WWII military aircraft and these days usually in 1/48 scale or sometimes 1/72 if it is a larger aircraft , despite many false starts over the years I have never completed anything in a smaller scale.     I occasionally wander into WWII and will probably be doing more of that in future with a stockpile of Airfix releases from the last couple of years to work through and more to come this year which with the Walrus might even see my first attempt at rigging.

I enjoy aviation photography although opportunities for military aircraft are becoming a bit rarer these days and do a bit of writing.

Des

• Like 2