Dragon Iron Man 3 Igor Armor

Out of my comfort zone, I wanted to build the Igor armor which I bought for 75% off. He was a fun build and went together well. I tried all different paints and couldn’t get the hands to dry non-tacky. I ended up painting them with a base of acrylic but after a few days with enamel over the top of the acrylic, they were tacky again. I don’t get it. Oh well. Our local hobby shop wants to display him in their case, but not after I take him to the IPMS meeting this month. The theme is Sci-Fi.

The light for the arc reactor and eyes are made with LED’s and the concrete pieces are Styrofoam. I’m not very good at non water bases but I needed something of interest.

S7kFOw.jpg q5hy7J.jpg

ldaum8.jpg

LekKwX.jpg

hr7X7C.jpg 

Xpptkp.jpg

Bq5gzQ.jpg

JDdAwX.jpg

• Like 12

As a life long Iron Man fan I approve.  Great work on the LEDs. 

I remember when they first premiered this suit as a run up to Iron Man 3.  I truly thought it was the Hulk Buster, disappointed to find out it wasn't.  To me it looks like a mixture of the original Iron Monger and Firepower from the old comics. Great looking suit.

Thanks Thud.

I wasn't up on the different Man suits so I did some research. The Hulk Buster discussion came up frequently during my reading and the conclusion was that it is not.

The only place I found you can see it in action is for about 2 seconds in the final fight during Iron Man 3.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 7:23 AM, Bitzer said:

The only place I found you can see it in action is for about 2 seconds in the final fight during Iron Man 3.

But it was a cool two seconds.  It and the Heartbreaker suit were by far the coolest.B)

9 minutes ago, Thud4444 said:

But it was a cool two seconds.  It and the Heartbreaker suit were by far the coolest.B)

Oooo, that would be a good one to get! No weathering allowed though :nah:

Thanks Hunter. Of course he needed the arc reactor lit, and while I was at it, the eyes. The hands are solid rubber so it was too much work to put lights in those. Besides you really can't see them anyway.