1/72 Hasegawa S2F-1 Tracker

Hi everyone, This kit was really fun to build. I ended up having to scribe the whole plane which I think brought out more detail. Anyway, hope you like her.
Steve :O)

33210860655_80e23566bc_b.jpgDSC08391 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

33210857895_0e1ef3a949_b.jpgDSC08394 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

32828144260_a77cd1e90e_b.jpgDSC08397 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

32366567184_0ba5779fb7_b.jpgDSC08398 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

32828141800_78904495bb_b.jpgDSC08399 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

32366565204_b89f69f69c_b.jpgDSC08400 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

• Like 44

That's a really nice build. Much to admire, but what strikes me most is how flush you've made the cockpit transparencies with the fuselage, and more generally that you've made the aircraft look rugged, just like the real one. Furthermore - it's a Tracker! How good is that! :yes:

-Jay

• Like 1

Awesome model, great rescribing and very nice details added!!

Which decal sheet did you use? I'm looking for a decal sheet for my Tracker but I'm afraid I will have to print my own decals since I haven't found anything yet.

Regards,

Nontas

Hi Nontas,

I have both a Hasegawa S2F-U (Japanese marks) 1/72 available as well as decals (set 72-443). I really want to sell them as a set. If you are interested let me know via PM

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

That's a really nice build. Much to admire, but what strikes me most is how flush you've made the cockpit transparencies with the fuselage, and more generally that you've made the aircraft look rugged, just like the real one. Furthermore - it's a Tracker! How good is that! :yes:

-Jay

Thank you Jay.:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NontasB said:

Awesome model, great rescribing and very nice details added!!

Which decal sheet did you use? I'm looking for a decal sheet for my Tracker but I'm afraid I will have to print my own decals since I haven't found anything yet.

Regards,

Nontas

Thank you Nontas. I bought the decals from eBay they are: 

Details about  Print Scale Decals 1/72 GRUMMAN S-2 TRACKER U.S. Navy ASW Aircraft

33096225001_be072b351e_b.jpghdhfd by Steve Cook, on Flickr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Steve,

Did you have any issues? Printscale are notorious for being oversized. Having said that you build looks great!!

Martin

Hi Martin, these decals are super fragile. You will have to add a few coats of clear decal film to make them easier to apply, The rudder decal fit very nicely except it was a little short on the tip but a color match fixed that problem. All the rest of the decals were excellent,

Best regards, Steve

1 hour ago, Mark4700 said:

Nice clean build. Looks awesome. :clap:

Thank you Mark. I really like doing 1/72 scale. I was doing 1/48 for a number of years and noticed our club president  putting out some really nice builds which sparked my interest in the scale. Plus they don't take up that much room and I save money on paint and supplies.

Best regards, Steve

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Great looking Tracker. You have done a great job on her.

Robert

Thank you Robert.:D

2 hours ago, wisco8 said:

Thank you Nontas. I bought the decals from eBay they are: 

Details about  Print Scale Decals 1/72 GRUMMAN S-2 TRACKER U.S. Navy ASW Aircraft

33096225001_be072b351e_b.jpghdhfd by Steve Cook, on Flickr

I didn't know that Printscale had released decals for the Tracker!! Thanks for the info Steve!

Regards,

Nontas

1 hour ago, wisco8 said:

I was doing 1/48 for a number of years and noticed our club president  putting out some really nice builds which sparked my interest in the scale. Plus they don't take up that much room and I save money on paint and supplies.

It is great to see someone converted! ;) 1/72 is the true scale ....... Martin

1 hour ago, Scimitar said:

Very nice. Haven't seen a Tracker model for a while. Thanks for posting

Thank you!! I have one more to do. Hopefully I can get it finished this year.

Best regards, Steve :D

Lovely neat and colourful Tracker Steve............great to see a fellow Hasegawa Tracker builder posting theirs .......and a great job on what must be the most complicated aerial arrangement on any aircraft................

Adrian

2 hours ago, Knight_Flyer said:

A very neat build and same here - quite some time since I came across a Tracker.  I did hear of a new release Kinetic kit but that's in 1/48.

Thank you Knight Flyer. I just scribed the whole thing and saved some money. 

1 hour ago, CJP said:

Nice neat Tracker - that aerial looks really fiddly and well done - is it from stretched sprue?

Thank you CJP. the wires are made using EZ line, it stretches and is very flexible. 

1 hour ago, adey m said:

Lovely neat and colourful Tracker Steve............great to see a fellow Hasegawa Tracker builder posting theirs .......and a great job on what must be the most complicated aerial arrangement on any aircraft................

Adrian

Thank you Adrian. I have done some WW1 planes that could drive you to the rubber room. :D It wasn't so bad , compared to rigging a sailing ship or even some battle ships. I had fun though. I'm beginning to enjoy the 1/72 scale kits more now.

Best regards, Steve

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wisco8 said:

Thank you Adrian. I have done some WW1 planes that could drive you to the rubber room. :D It wasn't so bad , compared to rigging a sailing ship or even some battle ships. I had fun though. I'm beginning to enjoy the 1/72 scale kits more now.

Best regards, Steve

My regards to you too Steve as a fellow Hasegawa Tracker rigger....................

resized_5046cf78-b0f0-4fa9-9b15-4c49a5f8

resized_f5d27d77-3761-47b1-91f1-22f11031

all the best Steve

Adrian

Edited by adey m
  • Like 3

On 3/4/2017 at 3:23 AM, adey m said:

My regards to you too Steve as a fellow Hasegawa Tracker rigger....................

resized_5046cf78-b0f0-4fa9-9b15-4c49a5f8

resized_f5d27d77-3761-47b1-91f1-22f11031

all the best Steve

Adrian

That's an EXCELLENT !!!! Tracker Adrian!!! You did an outstanding job Sir!! Awesome animation!!

Best regards, Steve

On 3/4/2017 at 10:49 AM, phildagreek said:

Very nice!

Thank you Phil!! :D

Best regards, Steve

• Like 1