Meng Mustang

My latest project is the new Meng P-51 Mustang. Built in the conventional way as a normal kit but I did remove a lot of the push fit attachments points to give me to give me a little 'wriggle room'. Some smaller parts you have to use glue but the parts in general fit perfectly. The only slight problem I had were the gun inserts in the wings but I think that was down to to me.

Only extras were a Yahu instrument panel (only because I had a spare one) and some Eduard belts.

Decals of course are from Leading edge.

Apologies to our Canadian cousins if there's anything wrong and I promise to correct it if possible. I'd also like to fit the underwing tanks but can't find any conclusive evidence if anyone can help.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_9811_1.jpg

IMG_9812.jpg

IMG_9813_1.jpg

• Like 24

Beautifully built Mustang!

I assume that it is a 1/72 kit? These Canadian markings are rather stunning!

Congratulations!

JR

nice job,  no need for tanks, I have only 1 pic of tanks fitted to Canadian Mustangs and they look non-standard.  Not many long range fighter missions carried out in Canada anyway.

To mistake a 1/48 scale build as a 1/72 scale is(to me)  the opposite of complimentary,    I'm sure nothing was meant by it though, the title does say "Meng".

Model On !!!!

Tony

• Like 1

On 3/1/2017 at 3:52 PM, Tony Edmundson said:

nice job,  no need for tanks, I have only 1 pic of tanks fitted to Canadian Mustangs and they look non-standard.  Not many long range fighter missions carried out in Canada anyway.

It is not impossible to find pictures of RCAF Mustangs with tanks, but generally they are either from 416 or 417 Squadrons and/or delivery flights from the U.S.  (AKA early in service.)  My understanding is that the tanks were rarely, or never, fitted to Auxiliary Mustangs.

Very nice Mustang, btw!

Jim

a067662-v8.jpg

Edited by airjiml2
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2017 at 9:46 PM, Patrick Martin said:

Look for P134 of RCAF aircraft Finish and Markings 1947-1968 Volume 2

PM

That will teach me to say never... :)

Jim