Trumpeter LAV-III in the 'Stan

Here is a fairly new Canadian unit in Afghanistan, it's fairly new because it's still mostly green.

Easy build with lots of detail, quite a bunch of add-on parts and a surprising amount of photo etch.

KQaDMrR.jpghyf9PEK.jpgFAmJVW6.jpgFgN3mid.jpgpj7s40K.jpgyY1215d.jpgBQzcElH.jpgHkH5VXP.jpgZXCfMzF.jpg6flJTyH.jpglbQB7EN.jpg

Edited by BlackMax12
spelling
  • Like 10

Here is the LAV beside a Cdn C2 Leopard.  I didn't realize the LAV is almost as big as a 50 plus ton tank.

Of course the C2 has a bigger bang stick and it's been in country longer so more faded and filthy.

Lloyd

ZDrtD71.jpgOik5eKK.jpg2Ho0vdB.jpghokkfsR.jpggxT1BwN.jpgvq42TTW.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks DAG

The Trumpeter LAV might not have as accurate upper hull shape as the AFV Club version but it turns out as a decent model and it's a pretty easy build just lots of add-ons to the upper hull.

Take care,

Lloyd

Thanks Ivan and Phil.

I tried the Real Models stuff once when I added all of the detail, the interior, resin wheels and the complete resin engine to a 1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 HET tractor and M1000 trailer. That was a huge project that took months and I swore never ever again.

My son has it sitting on his mantel with a M1A2 Abrams missing a track loaded onto it.  Someday I might post some photos but I never seem to take a camera with.

Take care,

Lloyd