Removing Halfords Appliance white

PhantomBigStu

Best stuff I've found is "Paint Strip". Comes in a bottle about four-inches high. I know that Hannants used to sell it, not too sure if they still do. It's about a fiver a bottle. Follow the instructions to the letter and it will remove just about any paints or finishes used in model-making.

Hope this helps.

Chris.   

Tried fairy, certianly no wear near as effective as it is on normal paint, did do something though, been able to scrape some of it off using a old penny, going to take a while but least is progressing 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Looks like I will have to give fluid a go, tried white spirit this afternoons, works a treat on the areas I got the top layers of white off, but doesn't touch the solid white bits or persits with FPS and penny treatment to get the rest of the top layer off.....

I know brake fluid was already referrtencrd, but was browsing Halfords and a found s spray can for brake cleaner? Reckon that would work? Not really in the position to just buy some paint fluid and muck around with it.

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Don't use it! Not only will brake fluid remove the paint, but the plastic, your fingers and most other things it touches. Dot 4 is nasty stuff and you can't just pour it down the drain, you will get in a lot of trouble with the environment agency.

Try Methylated Spirits, the purple stuff, it seems to remove the glossy coat Halfords spray cans give which should make the next stage easier. Ask me how I know... :huh: