Me 309 1:48 Czech Models

Czech Models injected plastic kit (there was also a full resin kit by Czech Models I think) build OOB. As usual Czech Models kits come with resin bits: Here for the  cockpit, wheel wells and ehrrr - fogot the rest - too long ago - and vac canopy which becomes yellow by now :-(

Me%20309%201_zpsrndc9qe9.jpg

Me%20309%203_zpsf9has2i5.jpg

Me%20309%202_zpsoabgcepg.jpg

Me%20309%204_zpsydpylh4y.jpg

Me%20309%205_zpsokw8l3vt.jpg

Czech Models do not have the best reputation but I think they were a great package and provided a good start to short run and mixed media kits.

René

• Like 15

I have the same kit unbuilt, with the same shade of yellow to the canopy! You've done a great job on this one. When it comes time to do mine, I'm sorely tempted by a what-if scheme.

regards,

Jason

5 hours ago, Jessica said:

That looks really tasty! Now you need to put a Trumpeter 509 beside it :)

When I stumble across one I will :-) What I plan to place next to it is a Me 309Z. I have one more Czech Models IP kit and a part build resin version of which I would use the fuselage and prop assembly only :-)

15 hours ago, russ c said:

That`s different, sort of a German Kingcobra. Looks great, really nice work

The 509 was even more sort of an Airacobra/ Kingcobra with the engine mounted aft of the cockpit. This was done to take weight off the nose u/c of the 309. Well - not sure if it was done - afaik the 509 did not leave the drawing board.