Medium Mark A "Whippet" - Takom | 1/35

whippet1WM.jpg

whippet5WM.jpg

whippet2WM.jpg

whippet3WM.jpg

whippet4WM.jpg

whippet6WM.jpg

Takom's 1/35 scale Medium Mark A Whippet, completed as tank A321 serving near Achiet-le-Petit, France, in August 1918. Finished in Vallejo & Tamiya acrylics; MIG enamels; Abteilung 502 oils; and MIG, Secret Weapon Miniatures, and Vallejo pigments. This was my first entry into armor modeling and there are some things I don't like about the finished product and some things that I think turned out great, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. I've always been fascinated by the First World War and I think this will serve as a nice springboard into more models in this subject. (I've picked up this kit, the Meng Whippet, the Meng Renault FT, the Takom Krupp 21cm Mörser, and the Takom Mark V heavy tank kit in the last month!)

Please feel free to tell me what I can approve upon as comments and criticism are always welcomed!

• Like 19

On 3/1/2017 at 3:37 PM, BlackMax12 said:

Now get at that Krupp 21cm as I've got an itch to get one also.

It's in the process of being painted as I type this!

On 3/1/2017 at 3:51 PM, Buzby061 said:

Very nicely built, painted & weathered. I'd be interested to know what you're not happy about as it looks fine to me.

Thanks mate. I'm not happy with the mud. It looks okay I suppose, but I was having a difficult time getting the texture I wanted with it. Some of it looks good, like the parts over the identification strips on the sides, but as a whole I think it could be better. Also, the tracks... they just bother me. The first attempt was pretty bad so I started over again and what's in those pictures is the second attempt. 

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Edited by ScootyPuffJunior
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ScootyPuffJunior said:

It's in the process of being paint as I type this!

Thanks mate. I'm not happy with the mud. It looks okay I suppose, but I was having a difficult time getting the texture I wanted with it. Some of it looks good, like the parts over the identification strips on the sides, but as a whole I think it could be better. Also, the tracks... they just bother me. The first attempt was pretty bad so I started over again and what's in those pictures is the second attempt. 

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Mate, I would be more than happy with that mud, looks natural and not overdone, as do the tracks! you are setting a very high bar for yourself!

Edited by CheshireGap
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 11:31 AM, CheshireGap said:

Mate, I would be more than happy with that mud, looks natural and not overdone, as do the tracks! you are setting a very high bar for yourself!

Thanks again.

I am guilty of setting a rather high bar for myself, but I like to do it to push myself to improve with every model I build. Plus, you know, everyone is their own worst critic and all that!