Mpc Y/X- Wing and Tie Interceptor

tiking

Hi guys. This is a question to Andy or others who have built these kits. I just won a bid for two of these kits; Y-Wing and Tie interceptor kits. I am about to do something different with them. I was too hasty when I made the bit without actually checking first, to see the quality of them. Now I am regeeting after seeing photos of the y-wing. Not very much detail, what seems to be a clumsy amount of toy-like details. Oh well. That shoumd teach me not to be hasty without doing background checks.

Edited by tiking

I can't be a lot of help with those. I haven't built the Y, although I did build the Interceptor when I was about 10 or 11, when the kit first came out. They're both pretty poor by today's standards (raised panel line, inaccurate shapes, poor details etc.), but I'm sure they can still be built into respectable models with a little extra work.

They're probably ideal if you're going to be modifying them though, and given your track record I'm sure they'll end up looking spectacular.

Andy

Thanks guys. Yep! Andy, I am planning on doing a mash-up of all three models. So there will be some major modification. I was just disappointed when I saw pics of the actual models after I had cast my bid. Oh well. I just hope I can achieve what I had in mind. 

I had them all as a kid n at the time it was the best n only models around so they looked great, sadly after 40 years models have improved a little n we are all spoilt now with what's available. I got a few of them again a couple of years ago n they are pretty dia. Madmonks definitely right though the twin tie set was best even with the iffy base. But star wars is star wars so any kit in your collection from then it a bonus. Iv still got the original Vader's tie I got when it came out unbuilt. I had the sense to get 2n built one strait away but the other was in my parents attic for all this time.

Edited by 68 SQUADRON
autocorrect spelling to cadets from vader
  • Like 1

Thanks. I probably should have gone all in and gotten the Bandai kits instead. But we shall see if I decide to just sell them off and just buy the Bandai kiys instead. Does anyone know if the Bandai kit versions are bigger or smaller than the MPC kit versions?

You can always have some fun and bash both of them into an 'Ugly'.

For those who might not have heard about Uglies, they are a weird tech mash up where private citizens/pirates find wrecked Imperial and Rebel craft and splice parts together to make a hybrid fighter. This is where you get an X-Wing with TIE engines, etc...

02_0006.jpg

ugliesnm1.jpg

Full Search:

https://www.google.com/search?q="star+wars"+Uglies&rlz=1C1AOHY_enUS708US708&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1mIqs47PSAhWMLSYKHZ1gCZkQ_AUICSgC&biw=1053&bih=765

• Like 4